Monday, July 15, 2024

Working On Sewing Projects

 Yesterday was another hot one for us. It was sunny with a high of 28.2C (humidex 35C). This morning it is was clear and 19C. No humidex until 7 am. Today is to be a mix of sun, clouds, showers and a high of 29C (humidex 34C). 

Lifestyle

I did not walk this morning as I needed to deal with the vegetables. All the boxes have been inspected and weeded. The bok choy was pulled and the carrots were thinned. There are a few peppers forming, tomatoes galore, and one cucumber!! The beans and peas are flowering so we may be okay from the deer pruning the plants. The soil is still wet so I don't have to water them today. I will spray them with a repellent tonight. 

Yesterday morning I did the balance sheet. I had one small issue with a receipt that had to be divided into 5 different categories. I mucked it up as I hate the receipt from that store. I am on track budget wise. I put it away happily. 

I also did a load of laundry and it is dry. I have a few clothes to put into the dryer to take out the wrinkles as I line dried them. I checked the floors and they didn't need mopping as they were clean. I'll do them mid week. 

I was out to put a bag of ice into family's freezer and then over to see my friend. We chatted for a couple of hours and then I came home for dinner. We walked the dog for 3 minutes as it was muggy outside. 

Sewing

I worked on the cat quilt before lunch. I got 3 blocks marked and pinned onto the backing and batting. 

I then quilted all three before lunch. Each block takes about 20 minutes to do. In the end, I do 27 lines of quilting and then a row of stitching 1/8" from the edge. 

Three blocks left to go and I can start cutting out the sashing. 

After lunch I made piping for daughter. It is a left over fat quarter from the Orange Blossom outfit.


I got 4 meters made for her. I find making piping relaxing to make.

The cushion cover is in the family room to hand stitch on Wednesday. That will a great project on the hottest afternoon of this heat wave. 

Knitting

I knit on the dress last night. I figured out there isn't a mistake in the pattern, it was me reading one abbreviation wrong. The bobbles in the middle are slightly smaller than they should be but they look okay with the cables. No huge issue. 

I did get the dress knit to the underarms. The sleeve stitches are on waste yarn and the skirt of the dress is now joined. 

Thoughts

    I am back on my eating regime to loose weight. I don't snack between meals unless I have a sugar low. I am tracking what I eat and am eating 1 to 2 points above my limit. I feel so much better eating this way. I am going to try and stay on it while in Sweden. 

    It was good to take this morning off from walking and do the vegetable boxes. I needed a break from walking and will be back at it tomorrow morning. The physiotherapist said I could walk 7 days a week but taking a day off would also be good for my body. It allows it to rest and recuperate. 

    Everyone is tired of this heat wave. It came so quick after the last one and it has lasted for longer than the others we have experienced. I think it has to do with the lack of wind. It seems like the humidity is trapped over most of the province. It will be nice when it moves on and lets us cool off. 

Today

I have to water the flowers after breakfast. Then I am going to New Minas to see if I can get a mask for son's travel C-pap machine. I will get a few things and then try to be home by noon. This afternoon, I would like to quilt more blocks and cut out the 7th block for the Scandinavian quilt. Tonight I will knit and go for a walk before 9 pm. Just down the street and back again. 

Until the next time.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment