Monday, July 08, 2024

Planning A Trip Is Exhausting

 Yesterday was warm and muggy with a high of 25.3C (humidex 34C). The humidity was so high we watched the fog roll in last night. This morning it was foggy and 20C. Today is to be clear with a high of 30C (humidex 38C). We are under another heat warning for today and tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

I got the balance sheet done yesterday morning and all was not going good. My issue -- I had put two of June's entries into July. I fixed it and all balanced. While I was doing that, the load of laundry was done. 

I did go out and empty the rain gauge. We had almost 3" according to it. Everything is really wet and ready for the heat wave. Everything but me. 

I had to return two items to the grocery store as I picked up the wrong sauce and the meat was out of date. By the time I chose my new package of meat, the meat department and I had removed about 10 packages of outdated meat. It was home for lunch. 

I was back over to family's in the late afternoon. We checked my phone data and my plan is good to go. I will use free wifi most of the time to keep costs down. It was then to look for a hotel room for 2 nights. I left at 6 pm with no choices and we finally chose one at 9 pm with me paying for a taxi to and from the airport if the shuttle bus isn't running. My treat for the trip as the hotel is 20 minutes away. We also looked at adaptors to charge our phones. I am going to take the heavy one with me. I am also borrowing a battery pack and a small C-Pap machine. Next up will be getting train tickets. 

I am starting a walking regime. My friend and I walked .44 km last night and I was out to walk .86 km (10 minutes) this morning. I will be increasing my time and distance over the next 3 weeks so I can walk 30 minutes without stopping. As long as my hip is like it is, I will be able to do it. 

Sewing

I finally got downstairs to see what I need to do to finish the Orange Blossom outfit. I found the capris pattern and pinned it onto the green t-shirt. With it going to be hot and humid for the next few days, I will work on finishing the outfit. 

Knitting

I need to wind yarn from skeins into cakes so I can start knitting socks again. I am enjoying the break from knitting but want to get at it again. 

Thoughts 

    Planning for a trip is exhausting as I have never flown internationally before. Family is so good at planning a trip overseas. I am so grateful they are doing most of the planning and allowing me to learn as we go. I am also doing some research and learning lots also. Could I do this on my own? No way. 

    I am still deciding if I will take my computer or iPad with me. I may not be blogging while I am away. I also need to decide what I am going to take for knitting as we will probably have down time in the evenings and I will knit. 

    My hip is in great shape at the moment. Very little pain. I have osteopathy and physio this week and will see if I need to have a treatment before we leave. The walking will help strengthen everything. I really need to keep up with the walking after we get home. I will know more by Thursday about what I need to do. 

Today

I have to clean my bedroom this morning. I also want to go to the bank. If time, I will work on the doll's outfit and I hope to knit tonight. I may also go and walk our street tonight before I go to bed. A busy day for me. 

Until the next time...................................................................

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:04 AM

    You might consider signing up for a VPN service for some digital protection when using free WiFi. Wishing you a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Martha from Louisiana
    As a fellow knitter, I suggest that you take a set of needles to knit socks and buy yarn in Europe. Those socks would become a wonderful souvenir from the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please blog while you are away - I would love to hear what you're up to in Sweden. I have been to Sweden and Denmark and loved the experience.

    ReplyDelete