Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Count Down Has Begun

 Yesterday was cloudy with a warm shower in the afternoon and a high of 24.8C (humidex 29C). This morning it is foggy and 16C. Today is suppose to be mix of sun and cloud with a high of 28C (humidex 32C). 

Lifestyle

I did not walk this morning as I have physio early. It would have been fun walking in the fog especially around the pond. 

I was busy yesterday. My trip to New Minas was fast moving. I picked up the mini C-Pap machine first and then got Elliott a small bag of cat food for just in case. Then I went to the post office with the box to return to Amazon. At that point, I decided to slow down. My stop at the quilt shop was relaxing. 

I did some housework after lunch as I am trying to keep the house tidy -- the table and kitchen was tidied up with lots of paper work put away. I am getting rid of the old lists and only working off the new one. I also went grocery shopping and by the time I got home, I was done for the day. It was trying to rain and the humidity was making it feel like a sauna outside.

I set up the mini C-pap machine to use for the next few days as I need to get use to it and the new mask. I did sleep more than expected as I needed to adjust to new equipment. It works great and the mask is comfortable after I did a minor adjustment to two straps. I am tired today but I don't think I need to nap. Rest, yes. 

Sewing

I had a great stop at the quilt shop. I picked up my buttons first and then snooped around the shop. I was looking at fabrics for the Colonial Williamsburg outfit. I found one combination in blue and another in brown. I will look again once I get home. 

The shop has changed a lot. The owner use to put away the Christmas fabrics but she had an extensive collection out. Fall and Halloween were out also. I think people have been sewing for fall and winter earlier this year. It was fun looking at what she has in the store. I haven't done that for quite a while. 

Knitting

I did knit on the socks last night and have 40 rounds knit. They are growing every night. 

The colours are screaming work sock look hence why the ribbing is being done. 

Thoughts

    When I went to get groceries I checked the mail. This means I have to drive down the other street in the subdivision to turn around. At the end of the street I spotted a deer munching away at the hosta plants next to the front of a house. It was calm and relaxed even if the people were inside with the front door open. It didn't even flinch an ear when I drove by. 

    The fire near daughter's community didn't seem to be as aggressive as it has been. The highway was opened to all traffic and the post from the fire chief was a bit more relaxed. Hopefully things will improve for everyone. It has been very stressful for everyone. 

    I am starting to get excited and a bit stressed as we are getting close to going. I have taken a picture of the information to get through Passport Control in Iceland. I read we will be going through the Business Class line which is suppose to be quicker. It helps me to know what I need to do when we get there. I'll tackle Copenhagen airport later today. I am sure it will be more complex to get out of to find the shuttle to the hotel. Between the three of us, we will manage. 

    We can preorder our meals on the flights but they still don't say what they are. I have a feeling we will be talking about that tomorrow. It would be nice to preorder if we knew what was available. Maybe we will know tomorrow when we do a search. 

Today

I have physio early and then I have to clean the fridge and take food to the downstairs freezer. I have to do some more housework and launder some blankets on my bed. I want to sweep the floor in the sewing room as I doubt if I will be sewing until I get back. All garbage needs to go out and recycling and compost to the curb for pick up tomorrow. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment