Tuesday, July 02, 2024

An Amazing Garden

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds (with a tiny misty shower) with a high of 22.5C (humidex 27C). This morning it is clear and 12C. Today is to be sunny with a high of 25 (humidex 28C). 

Lifestyle

I am winning at getting family's house humidity down. I had to empty the tank in the morning but the humidity was only 60%. In the afternoon, the dehumidifier wasn't running (40% humidity) and the tank was about half full. Yes, I was excited as it has been a lot of work getting it to this stage. (I had to empty my dehumidifier this morning -- about 5 days since I did it). 

Once home, I worked on the family room. Garbage/recycling was taken out and sorted and then I put away more items. I set up a table to work at and organized the area. That part of the family room was swept. I only have the TV stand and coffee table to polish and the floor to mop to finish that part. 

The craft area has been moved to behind the chair I sit in. I have everything I need in that spot either in a trolley, a box, or on the table. At the moment, I am happy with it as it is close to the table the Cricut is on. I can use one chair for the two areas. At this point, my energy left me and I drug myself upstairs. 

After lunch, I had a nap and woke still feeling tired. I hardly moved for the rest of the afternoon. After dinner I went out to check the garden and it was nice out there. I picked weeds and pruned tomato plants. 

The cucumbers are growing rapidly. 

I removed 2 tiny tomato plants from the box. They are from last year's tomatoes. 

The carrots are growing and need to be thinned over the next week. 

The tomatoes are growing rapidly. There are lots of blooms and small tomatoes. I pruned them and put branches back into their cages. 

The beefsteak tomato is growing. 

I am amazed at how good the garden looks. 

Later in the evening, I looked outside and there was a rainbow. 

It actually was a full one though the other half was faint. 

Sewing

I got the soles on the shoes. I now need to look for black elastic to put around the shoes to hide the gap between the upper shoes and soles. 

I also cut one 7 1/2" square for the next quilt I am going to make. 

I have 8 more to cut out. I am going to make a quilt as you go quilt which will have sashes on it. This will be a small quilt as I don't want to man handle a large quilt again. And, yes, it is the same print as Elliott's quilt and this one will got to daughter's cat. 

I didn't look at the Orange Blossom outfit as I was too tired to deal with the instructions. I am ready to start on the sleeves. 

Knitting

I finished the socks but not without having to unknit a few rows. I had decreased the toe on the front but not the back on one row. It was almost bedtime when I got finished but I am happy they are now ready to put away into a Christmas box. 

I will finish the hats and doll sweater before I start working on more socks. I also have to wind some left over sock yarn into balls. 

Thoughts

    I think I am tired due to the heat, humidity, and the fact I ate ice cream which disagreed with me. I am also worrying about the humidity in family's house, trying to do a lot each day, and not taking the time to slow down and relax. 

    I am coming to the end of the fabric I cut for projects. Once the doll's dress is completed, I am going to clean up the cutting table and cut fabric for more projects. I have enjoyed having stacks of fabric ready to sew. Not my usual style but it is growing on me rapidly. 

Today

I have to do the dehumidifier at family's and then I want to hoe under the hedge. The wet and warm weather has brought forth weeds. I would like to sew on the doll's dress this afternoon and knit tonight. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment