Thursday, July 11, 2024

The Deer Came A Visiting

 Yesterday was another hot and muggy day. The high got to 30.8C (humidex 38). The heat warning ended late in the afternoon. This morning it is cloudy, humid, and 23C (humidex 31C). Today is suppose to have wind and heavy showers with a high of 27C (humidex 33C).

Lifestyle

I was out this morning and walked a total of 1.4 km. I had a short break after 13 minutes and then walked our street. It was a tough walk with the humidity but if the wind blew, it was tolerable. 

Family was in to get ice for their cooler. They could not get the bin to open so we had to run it through the ice maker. After they left, I grabbed the bin and it opened right away. I emptied the bin (less than 10% left) and have it making fresh ice. I will start to bag it again for them to have. 

I did not walk yesterday morning as I had physio. It was a good session with my adductor having to be dry needled so it would relax. It worked. I did 10 minutes on the bike (2.1 miles), the slider board, the leg press thing, and the balance board. I pushed harder yesterday at everything. 

I walked over to my friend's to see if I had left my sunglasses in her car a few weeks ago. I had. So glad to have them back as I have searched high and low for them. 

I have my suitcase up and have a couple of items packed in it. I have started to pack a few other things also. I downloaded some apps on my phone that I need. One is Duolingo and I have done lesson 1. I will be trying to do 10 minutes a day or a bit more to learn some basic Swedish. 

I went out to check the garden in the afternoon and the deer had been to visit. They trimmed the peppers, beans, peas, and cucumbers and started to thin the carrots. 

I was upset but there was nothing I could do about it. I need to get a deer repellant spray . I am hoping that the plants will produce something this year. This is the 7th garden we have planted and the first where the deer have been in to eat it. They usually don't come across the road to our side. 

Sewing

I went down and did a bit more cleaning in the sewing room. I also worked on the cushion cover. I sewed the lap down neatly and got the binding back on perfectly. 

I have started to hand sew the binding in place. 

I will be happy to have this project done correctly. 

Knitting

I tried the hat on the doll and had one good laugh. It is small and fits like a skull cap. I got out larger needles and started to knit the hat again. It is probably going to be too big. I may have to go to the size in-between. I have time at night to knit small projects. 

Thoughts

    The humidity blew out with a north west wind. We are still having humidex readings but the humidity is dropping slowly. It is 11% lower this morning than yesterday morning. I was so done with the humidity and was starting to feel sick when I went outside. I was sleeping but not feeling refreshed. I was done with this weather. Winter could have arrived yesterday afternoon and I would have cheered.

    I walked with a better stride this morning. Not perfect but better than it has been. I hope it continues to improve as time goes on. I see both osteopathy and physio the week we leave for a tune up. Overall I have come a long ways and hope to have my appointments 6-8 weeks apart after I get home. 

    I am slowly starting to get things organized for the trip. I have found some things I have but need to buy other items. I am trying not to over pack which I usually do. 

Today

I have a hair cut this morning and then will decide if I will come home to do housework or go to New Minas to shop. I know I need to go twice before we leave to get things. I would like to hand sew the binding down on the cushion and kinit tonight. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment