Sunday, July 07, 2024

And It Rained Like Cats and Dogs

 Yesterday was one wet day. Almost 4" of rain fell which should be enough moisture for the next few weeks. The high got to 21.5C. This morning is cloudy and 21C. Today is going to be sun and showers with a high of 26C (humidex 34C). 

Lifestyle

While the rain came down in buckets, I cleaned up the kitchen. It wasn't dirty but needed to be wiped and tidied up. The garbage and recycling went out and I stood back and admired the room. 

I had decided not to go watch grandson play soccer first thing in the morning as the city also had rain. By 10:30 the storms had passed them so I went. I am so glad I did even if we had 15 minutes of rain. It was a great game -- nail biting at times. Both teams played well and the game was tied 2-2. It is always exciting to watch these two teams play as we sat on the edge of our seats last year when they played. 

We chatted about family's trip to Ottawa where grandson went to for ID soccer camp. The coaches were from Europe this time. Grandson got picked up by a team from Victoria BC and is going to Sweden to play with a professional team. He could be picked to join their team when finished school. Exciting times for this young man. Three or 4 other players grandson plays and trains with are going to Germany for the same thing. 

Daughter-in-law is going with grandson and son is staying home. I asked if I could join them and I am booked to go to Sweden. I am excited as this will be my first time flying overseas. Our flight takes us to Iceland and then to Copenhagen. We will take the train to Sweden. Grandson meets up with his team in Copenhagen and travels to Sweden with them. 

I did not sew or knit yesterday as I was gone until almost bedtime. 

Thoughts

    I did great getting up and down the bleachers at the soccer game. My hip didn't hurt at all. I did get stiff sitting though I did stand during the first half and walked to the car at half time. Things are improving for me. 

    I have been reading about eating habits and have cut back on what I am eating. I am paying attention to feeling full and when I am hungry. Goal is to loose some weight before going to Sweden so I can enjoy some treats on my holiday. I will need to continue watching what I eat when I get home as I am trying to maintain a healthy weight. I did well yesterday -- not too much and not too little and I felt good. 

Today

I have the balance sheet to do plus a load of laundry. I need to clean up my bags that I took to soccer yesterday. I would like to finish the doll's outfit and get ready to knit work socks. I am planning on having a slow day. 

Until the next time.................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Carol in Denver2:04 PM

    How exciting -- a trip to Sweden! I look forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete