Sunday, February 18, 2024

On The Go

 Yesterday was cool but sunny. The high got to -1.7C. This morning there is a bit of snow on the ground and -9C. We are to have sun, clouds, flurries and a high of -3C. It is to snow tonight. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning. The kitchen got all the counters scrubbed and everything else got touched up. The recycling was taken out to the bins in the garage. The floor was swept and mopped. The kitchen looks great once again. 

Next up was to take all the paper craft items to the basement and clean up the area where I do the journal. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning it up and it is ready for me to do the next part. I do like clean work areas.

I had an early lunch and was off to daughter-in-laws. We had to pick up one of grandson's friends and head in to watch grandson's team play in the playoffs. 

The game was great with grandson's team loosing in a kickoff due to a tied score. Grandson played several great moves and it was great to see how those boys played as a team. The other team is good also but their organization has an attitude problem which can be seen in the field and in the bleachers. It makes for some uncomfortable moments for everyone. 

My hip and knee bothered me a lot yesterday. My knee was stiff and my hip sore. When we got home, I did some exercises that helped the knee but the sore spot in the hip was not going to go away. I walked and stretched to no avail. It was telling me there was a weather system coming in as it is much better today. I am sure it will hurt some today as there is another system coming in tonight. 

Sewing and Crafts

I got the two blocks sewn together, then the batting trimmed, the backing pinned, and hand stitched prior to having lunch. It is ready to have the red piece quilted. 

The more I do this, the easier it is getting to do. I seem to have a system in place that allows me to do each row a bit faster than before. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and got the heel flaps done. I have two more stitches on these heel flaps than I usually have  so may be ripping them out and starting again with two less stitches. I wait and see until I turn the heel on sock #1. 

The colour of the yarn is so rich looking and having a simple pattern really allows it to show. 

Today

My plans for today have changed. I am going grocery shopping this morning as I will probably be shovelling snow tomorrow morning. I do have to do the balance sheet before shopping. This afternoon I want to do a bit of paper crafting and work on the quilt. Tonight I will turn the heels on the socks and see if I proceed to the gusset or if I rip them out and start again with 2 less stitches on the heel flap. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment