Friday, February 23, 2024

Should I Laugh Or Should I Cry?

 Yesterday was cloudy and dullish. The high got to -1.3C. This morning it is cloudy and -6C. We are to have clouds and rain with a high of 3C. We are under a rainfall warning for tonight and tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday morning. Not all of the moves but most of them. I was sore and it was in all the usual places. I wanted to see if the trigger spot was bad but it has settled down. 

Daughter-in-law picked me up to go to osteopathy. I was first and my hip was still turned in slightly and I was having issues standing straight. That was worked on and I could feel the tight muscles reacting to the pressure. The therapist ended with one big move to put my hip back in place. It shocked me as I wasn't expecting it. 

After daughter-in-law had her treatment, we were off to get a part for one of their windows and then get a few groceries for grandson's birthday dinner. I got another pair of sweat pants and top using up the last of my Christmas gift card. We were home at 2:30 pm which was pretty good. 

At home, I did a few things in the kitchen and then sat down to have a rest. I was sore and tired. I fell asleep and slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I had less soreness and felt better. The osteopathy session had made me tired which hasn't happened for a while. 

I was out the door to pick up grandson from school at 5 pm. We had a lovely chat on the way home and a wonderful dinner of Soy Chicken and rice. Dessert was apple crumble and ice cream. It was what grandson ordered for his birthday meal. He opened his birthday cards and gifts and went to do his homework. Son and I cleaned up the kitchen and then we sat and talked for a bit. I was home just after 7 pm. It was a lovely evening. 

Sewing and Crafting

I spent a bit of time in the sewing room twice yesterday. In the morning I figured out how to present the wine gift bags and got the first one done. 

I may redo the ribbon on it so it is a bit longer. I am pleased with how it looks so in the afternoon, I did the other 2 before picking up grandson. 

And 

I now have to set up the back drop and take better pictures of them so they can been advertised prior to the craft bazaar. I also need to fray check the ribbon ends to stop them from looking ratty. I also need to tidy up the cutting table. 

The fabric I ordered from Spoonflower will start its journey today. It has been processed at the post office in California. I will have it in a couple of weeks. 

Knitting

I worked on the sock last night and have 8 rows left before the gusset is done. 

I am surprised at how fast these socks are knitting up. 

Thoughts

    I had a should I cry or should I laugh moment yesterday morning. When looking for the one hole punch, I dug in the container and found a package of tobacco the Spousal Unit had hid in there. It is 17 months since he passed and over 18 months since he "lost" his tobacco. I wanted to cry as the disease was further advanced than we realized and I wanted to laugh as he did a good job of hiding it. 

    I was surprised that my hip was still tipped forward yesterday. Most of it has to do with shovelling snow even though I am doing it correctly most of the time. The other reason could be how I sleep part of the night. I am working on fixing that. It is hard but I'm trying. 

    I realized that I have muscles. My core muscles are stronger. Also my legs and arms. The osteopathy therapist has noticed it also and said there is a great improvement in that department. Doing yoga, shovelling snow, and lifting things in the house has built done the job. 

Today

I have to do yoga this morning and then it will be cleaning up the front landing and entry way. I also want to do a load of laundry. This afternoon I am going to tidy up the cutting table and work on the cardinal quilt. Tonight I am going to knit. It is a stay at home day as I have things I need to do. 

Until the next time............................................................  

No comments:

Post a Comment