Monday, February 26, 2024

Fun Playing With Paper

 Yesterday was sunny all day with a high of -3.3C. This morning it is clear and -11C. It is suppose to cloud up with flurries today and the high is to get to 1C. 

Lifestyle

I got the balance sheet done in good time. It actually took longer to get set up and put away than it was to do it. I was happy to have a quick and easy session. 

I did my yoga next and spent the time doing it slowly and stretching good. My back cracked once. It helped a lot as my back has been bothering me a bit lately. 

I spent the rest of the morning cleaning the kitchen. I scrubbed as many surfaces as I could and was happy that most things only had a minor amount of grease on them. I shined up the stainless steel and did some dishes. It felt great having a clean kitchen once again. 

I also swept the dining and living areas and got a lot of cat hair. I am finding that I need to sweep floors daily while Elliott is shedding. 

Sewing and Crafting

I spent the first part of the afternoon doing paper crafts. I cut out the reindeer antlers. I put the antlers on 10 reindeer holders.

These are in a zip bag and will be put together later on when I buy the candy for the noses. I need to make about 10 more of these and then make another design. 

I also played around and glued the little cards I had made. I need to press them flat with the iron and books. My last play was to make some tags. I cut an envelope into a tag and sponged snowflakes on it. I had lots of fun adding items to it for ideas. 

The first few I used some stickers made from chipboard. I have no idea where I got them from but they are cute. I bought 2 packages of them somewhere. One idea is this one. 

I can make 10 large and 8 small tags from the two packages. 

The next batch of tags was fun though. I sorted through the pieces I had and got 9 tags put together quite fast. Here are a couple of the ideas. 

I need to buy foam tape so some of the pieces are elevated. I watched two videos where people used this brand of cutouts and loved their ideas. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent in the sewing room. I got the doll's chemise ready to block for smocking. Progress was made on it. 

After I got the chemise to this stage, I trimmed the two cardinal blocks, sewed them together and have them ready to hand sew the backing in place. No pictures as it is the same process I have been doing for this quilt. 

Knitting

I got the gusset knit on sock #2. 

Next up to knit 42 rounds on each sock for the foot. Nearing the end of these socks. I am going to do this pattern again as I like how it has turned out. Simple and easy to knit. 

Thoughts

    I had another good day yesterday. I enjoyed the sun pouring in to the house. It is so nice to have the sun after days of greyness. I sit and enjoy it several times a day. 

    The house is getting cleaned up slowly after the spell I had. It isn't dirty but needed to be done. It keeps me busy in the mornings which is nice. I know when I stop at noon I have more space cleaned up. 

    As I come to the end of "use what I have" February, I have done well. Though I bought fabric for projects, what I have sewn this month has come from the stash. Craft projects have come from what I have on hand. Though I have bought groceries, the inventory of food is going down. I am going to reward myself for doing so well for 2 months. I am going to try to do the same in March. 

Today

I will be doing yoga this morning. I am deciding if I will go shopping or if I will stay home and do more cleaning. I want to hand sew the seam on the quilt, tie off the smocking and block, and knit on the socks tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment