Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Progress Noted At Physiotherapy

 Yesterday was another sunny day with a high of 4.6. This morning it is clear and -2C. It is suppose to be mainly cloudy with some sun and a high of 0C. The Nor'easter storm warning has been lifted and we are to get periods of snow and winds tonight only.

Lifestyle

I was out to physio early. It was a bigger assessment day and I am improving. First noted improvement was my gait. It has really improved in the past 3 weeks. Most of the muscles are still relaxed from the needling, my body is aligning nicely, and I am not favouring the right side as much. The therapist was pleased and will continue to monitor the muscles to make sure they don't tighten up. After being put into some moves to help stretch muscles, I rode the bike, did the slider (which was tightened up) and did the leg extenders with weight. The electrical current was hooked up and we found a sore spot. I got 15 minutes of heat and current to help keep everything in good shape. 

I got home and was back out the door to go to New Minas with a friend. We did some shopping and I got 2 new kitchen knives and a bag of cat food. Elliott will be happy as it is the food he likes better than what he is on now. We were home by noon and I had a great time with my friend. 

After lunch I took the car to get washed. I did the full thing-- wash, rinse, rust inhibitor, and polish. The car looks very clean now and will last for a bit. The line up to the car wash was long. There were at least 4 cars waiting in line all the time. 

I did do a bit of housework. I looked at the heat pump head and used canned air on it. Not as dirty as I thought it would be. I swept the dining room and hall floor and it was dusty and full of Elliott's hair. I am thinking he is going to be shedding for the next while. Though I didn't do the all the cleaning, I did get some done. 

Sewing and Crafting

I looked at the smocking pleater and decided I needed to read the instructions. They are scant to say the least so I turned to YouTube. I found one video that I watched and am ready to start. It is going to take me a while to pleat the chemise as they show you how to pleat precisely on the machine. 

I also hand sewed the back of the quilt. It took me almost 2 hours to sew 48". I do tiny stitches that are about 1/4" apart which is slow going. I am now ready to quilt the joined parts. I am making progress on the quilt. 

Knitting

I had a good evening of knitting and have the leg of sock #1 done. I am pleased with the pattern and will be putting it into rotation for more socks. 

Thoughts

    I am happy that the snow storm is only going to be one night. It moved off shore further than the meteorologists thought it would. I will be shovelling once not several times like I had thought. I can handle that. 

    I am making progress with my hip and knee. The cracking was alignment and we are hoping it will stay in place. I have some weak muscles in my right thigh which we need to continue work on strengthening. They may not come back 100% but I am hoping I can get 85%. Something to work towards. At this time, having replacements is on the far back burner. I will have some pain but not a lot. Strengthening the muscles around the joints is helping support both joints. 

    I have put loosing weight on hold for the moment. I am just maintaining. Between low glucose levels, having to shovel snow, and working on getting stronger I needed to have a break and eat a bit more food while doing more activities. I will go back to loosing the last 5-7 lbs towards the end of the month. 

    February is a tough month for people around here. It is usually dull and depressing as it seems to be our "winter" month. I feel it when we have lots of dull grey days. We have had some gorgeous days this year that have given us a break. I love those days and enjoy them. I have also tried to get out a bit more this month on those nice days. When at home I have all the curtains open and clean house with the rooms filled with sunshine. It has helped keep my mood uplifting. 

    I tried one of my new knives to cut cooked chicken. I was able to cut very thin slices which thrilled me. I am looking forward to having sharp knives to cut meat and vegetables. My old ones are worn out. They are 30 years old. One item purchased from my February list and a couple of items left to purchase. 

Today

I have massage therapy late this morning so I hope to do a bit of housework and a load of laundry before I go. Once home, I hope to thread the pleater and start pleating the chemise and do some quilting on the quilt. I want to knit tonight. It is basically a day at home doing a few things I need/want to do.

Until the next time..........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment