Friday, February 02, 2024

Fighting With Low Glucose Levels

 Yesterday was mainly cloudy but not dull or dark. The high got to 2.1C. This morning it is cloudy and -1C. We are to have it cloudy with a few flurries and a high of 1C today. It is to start snowing tonight and it may not stop until Tuesday. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door to grocery shop yesterday morning. It wasn't too busy when I arrived but got busy while there. I got what I needed but had to go back and look for items due to people stopping and looking in some areas. 

I went to the $$ store on my way home and got a few things there. People were shopping there -- busy, busy. I had a long wait to pay but noticed that people buy groceries at this store. I did buy rice crackers as the grocery store was out of them as they are on sale. They are about $.75 cheaper at the $$ store compared to the regular price at the grocery store. I'm going to do a bit more price checking when shopping. 

As I left for home, I had a headache hit. Not sure what caused it. Once home, I put away the groceries and sat down to rest and have something to drink. I had a good rest after lunch which did help some. 

I was lagging in energy all afternoon. I didn't move much until 4 pm and when I did my glucose reading it was 3.9. I had been fighting low glucose all day and nothing I ate was helping. I ate most of a bag of crisps to help get the level up and that has resulted in water retention. I'll be drinking water today to fix that little problem.

Sewing and Crafting

I started crafting at 4 pm as I didn't want to move. I went into the sewing room and measured the lining fabric for the wine bottle bags and I have lots for the two I am going to make. 

I did a page in the Charlie Brown journal. I printed off the cartoon I wanted to use, stencilled snowflakes onto the page and glued down the cartoon. Not hard to do but I did enjoy the process. 


I then made a hot chocolate holder that the hot chocolate pack didn't fit into. 

The paper is very heavy and hard to fold but I did get it done. I put in a bag of tea and two candies. I need to add a package of honey or raw sugar. 

I am happy with the design even to fussy cutting the holly. At this stage the cost is $.38. There are scraps of paper left over that I need to figure out what to make from them. 

I am going to try the hot chocolate holders an inch bigger. If they work, I will start to make them also. 

Knitting

I did knit on the hat last night. I am ready to start decreasing so it will be done tonight. I think I may be playing yarn chicken though. 

I am going to take my only hat like this apart and knit it in this size. This hat fits me perfectly. I will do it next as I want to get it done and over with. 

Thoughts

    I may never know why I am having lows like yesterday. I ate carb rich foods at noon but I was loosing the battle. I over ate carbs last night to try and fix the issue but who knows. 

    I am not looking forward to the snow that is coming in. I am ready but not looking forward to shovelling snow. My hip hurts. I may have to cancel my physio appointment Monday if there is a lot of snow. They are predicting up to 10" of snow. I wait and see what I plan to do.

    I enjoyed my brief crafting time yesterday. I will have to do it more often. I watched a video on making artist cards and that looked like fun. I may take a scrap of the left over card and do one for the fun of it and add it to the journal. The theme for February is travel and I thought I could do something wintery -- tobogganing or skating. You are travelling when you do those activities. 

Today

I have to clean the front entry this morning while I do laundry. Then it will be craft time. Both paper and fabric. I will be ready to shovel snow if I have to. I am out for dinner at family's. I do hope to knit when I get home as I want to finish the hat. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment