Saturday, February 17, 2024

Pleating The Doll's Chemise Neckline Completed

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with one small snow flurry. The high got to -2.0C. This morning it is cloudy and -11C. We are to have a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 0C today. The snow that was predicted for later today is not happening. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday and I could feel the sore spot in my butt. Other than that, all went well and I felt good afterwards.

I got a list of jobs done in the morning. I tidied up the living room, did the spare bedroom and the hall. I picked away at the jobs and was done by noon. I am slowly catching up on housework and hope to have it done by the end of next week. 

I have been doing stretches in bed and I did some last night. My hip cracked twice. Things are aligning up again or, hopefully, more. I know it helps alleviate any pain I am having in my hip. I am able to do more things after it cracks. I am at the point of being about 80%+ better than I was last summer. 

My glucose dropped to 3.9 last night and I had a good dinner. What I am noticing with this is -- these low readings has me gain a bit of weight. Not a lot. The balance act is hard but I am working on it. 

Sewing and Crafting

I finished up the belly band page first thing. 

I also found a tutorial on making an envelope using circles which I will make for the other little book I want to put in. The other books are in a bag to go to the a thrift shop. 

I worked on the doll's chemise and got the pleating done. I spent about an hour on it and am happy with the results. 

The next job is to sew the sleeves to the body front and back and then smock it. 

Once the tub holding the smocking supplies was put away, I started work on the next row of blocks. I pinned 4 blocks to backing and batting and stitched around the center blocks. Blocks 1 and 2 were quilted and are ready to be trimmed and sewn together. 

I got done at 4 pm and was tired (low glucose level was hitting). I left the sewing room happy with what I had accomplished. 

Daughter texted me and told me she got me 6 pieces of Christmas fabric. They are all 1 meter cuts so I will be busy making gift bags, mug rugs, and wine bags. In return I have to make a reusable bag to donate to one of the dog trials they go to. It means I need to buy fabric which I had hoped I wouldn't have to. I am putting the fabric buying off until March. 

Knitting

I knit the heel flap on the first sock. That was 42 rows which wasn't too bad to do. 

The second sock is set up ready to go. 

Thoughts

    With only one appointment this coming week, I hope to get the house cleaned. It certainly didn't get done while we had the snow storms. It isn't dirty but it does need to be done so I am not worrying about it. It is a good week to do it as the temperatures are going to be cooler and I won't be outside much. I only need to go grocery shopping. 

    I am looking forward to spring. I am tired of the dullness of winter. I want to get out and walk some several times a week. I know that I need to be patient and endure whatever weather is tossed at us. In the meantime, I need to get in touch with people to do outside work for me. 

    The days are getting longer and I love having it daylight before 7 am and not getting dark until 6 pm. I am moving out of hibernation mode and am getting more done. I don't feel like I need an afternoon nap most days. 

Today

I am going to do yoga first thing and then clean the kitchen up. I will have an early lunch as I am going to watch grandson play soccer this afternoon. I may do some knitting tonight depending on when we get home. I am looking forward to the afternoon with family. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment