Sunday, February 25, 2024

A Happy and Productive Day

 Yesterday's weather was not the nicest. It started off raining, turned to ice pellets, and then snowed big fat wet flakes. The high of 3.2C dropped all day. This morning it is clear and -11C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 1C. 

Lifestyle

When I saw it was going to snow sooner than had been expected, I didn't do yoga. Shovelling snow was going to be my exercise of the day. Instead I set about cleaning the spare room and got it cleaned up. While wiping down one wall, I went down into the basement stairwell and wiped those walls. They were dirty from putting hands on the wall when walking down the stairs. Once done, the spare room floors were washed as was the hall. 

As I was on a roll, I decided to clean one of the couches, move it and sweep and mop the floor in that area. By this time one load of laundry was dry so I put the second load into the dryer and folded the first load. 

I wanted to inventory the fridge and downstairs freezer. I spent quite a bit of time doing that. They are both organized and inventoried. I knew I had to make more freezer meals so spent time figuring that out. I will be getting groceries tomorrow so I can cook for a couple of days after that. 

I shovelled snow just before 3 pm. I am so glad I put a pair of sweat pants over my leggings as the wind was cold. There was about 2" of snow which was wet and icy. It took me about 30 minutes to get the driveway cleaned. The salt I had put on in the morning did its job which was great. I was the only person out doing my driveway. I did get my exercise for the day. 

Sewing and Crafting

I had 2 hours in the sewing room. I spent part of it getting the doll's chemise prepped. I even snipped one of the smocking threads but I can fix it. I decided to cut the seams back to 1/4" and fray check them so they don't fray. I can now sew the seams. 

Next up I cut the cardinal fabric for 3 of the 4 wine bottle bags and the center piece of the 2 mug rugs. They are ready to sew when I need a break. 

I am thinking of using the other cardinal fabric for the fourth bag. 

My last job of the day was to work on 2 blocks for the 4th row of the quilt. They are ready to be trimmed and sewn together. 

Daughter bought me more fabric but won't tell me what it is. A surprise she said. I have a feeling it is for wine bottle bags. She was to her favourite quilt shop near Vancouver as they had to stop a mile from there to pick up pigeons. 

Knitting

I knit 15 rounds on the gusset of sock #2 and am half done it. 

Thoughts

    We had our excitement yesterday afternoon. The ambulance raced into the Crossing with lights flashing and sirens on. The rescue truck was not far behind it with lights and sirens on. Then came the RCMP with a truck right behind it. The ambulance left about 20 minutes later with the truck behind it. I hope the person is okay and my thoughts were with them and their family for quite a while afterwards. 

    I had a very busy and productive day yesterday and was happy the whole time. I didn't race to get things done but kept moving from one job to the next. Even the dullness of the day didn't bother me. I did stop to admire the huge snowflakes as they fell. I am feeling like I am in my happy space once again. 

    I am quite happy that I tidied up and inventoried the freezers. I know what I have and know what I need to cook for freezer meals and what I need to buy to restock fruit and vegetables. I will be busy cooking which I am looking forward to. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet and then do yoga. I plan on doing paper crafts and work on the sewing the two quilt blocks together. I am going to watch the driveway and see if I need to scrape the ice off it later this afternoon. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment