Thursday, February 01, 2024

I'm Ready For February

 Yesterday was cool but the sun did shine in the afternoon. The high got to -2.6C (can't find the time) though it was mainly -4C all afternoon. The temperature dipped to -8C in the evening and it is -3C this morning. We are to have a bit of everything today with a high of 1C. Snow arrives tonight. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday and could feel it in my hip. It is painful but I am coping with it. The stretching did it good. My knee is much better since it cracked on Tuesday and I have more mobility in it. 

I did laundry and cursed laundry pods. I had to wash the top sheet again as they gummed it up. If this continues in the next tub of pods, I will be using liquid and powder laundry detergent. 

I cleaned the bathroom and washed the floor on my hands and knees. It wasn't overly dirty but needed to be done. I also did the spare bedroom and cleaned it good. Elliott had fun in his litter box and had litter strewn everywhere. I also washed the hall floor. That was enough for one day. 

I spent half of the afternoon at family's house sitting while the workers fixed the crack in their basement wall. I did watch some and they are artists at what they do. It took them about 5 hours to do the job but it is now guaranteed for life. 

I took some pictures of family's cat. He started out being with them while his owners were away and eventually he moved in permanently. He has his own chair at the window that he loves to be in. He can look out at the birds and loves to bask in the sun. 

When I got home, I tidied up the snow drifts on the driveway I didn't have a lot to do and paid attention making sure I crossed my body over the bad hip so it would turn outwards. Very hard to do when it isn't your way of shovelling. I am now ready for the snow that is to arrive tonight. 

Sewing and Crafting

I didn't do anything in the sewing room yesterday. No time as I had to do a few things once I got home. I did watch a video on making wine bottle bags which I will use some of the ideas. 

Daughter's piping!! I started making it for her to use on the yokes of the western shirts she makes and sells. It has ended up in her "hoard of piping" drawer. Most has been admired but not used. I have hopes that she will use it. I keep making it as I find it a relaxing job. This year I want to make at least one piece of piping if not 2 a month. 

Doll sewing for February will something from the Tudor era. I have the only pattern the designer has published so am hoping it will be used. We find out on Tuesday. I am looking forward to this sew as I love historical doll clothes. 

Knitting

I did knit on the hat last night. I have about 18 rounds left to knit and it will be done. 

My next project is going to be socks. I am thinking copper coloured ones for daughter which will go with a hat I knit her last year. 

Thoughts

    I am ready for the snow that is going to be arriving tonight and last until sometime tomorrow. I know I will have to shovel but am hoping that I can remember to do it properly. It is getting harder to shovel and not throw the snow as there is a lot piled up on each side of the driveway. I have to remember that I am not 25 years old and can't do the job with gusto anymore. 

    I made a little list of what I want to buy this month. I have no fabric on the list as I am trying to use up what I have. I do need ribbon for the bags. I also have new running shoes on the list. I want to order a rice cooker as I eat a lot of rice. As I was so good in January, I can buy a few items I want for crafting. I will set a $$ limit when I go to the store but I do know I want a corner rounder and the envelope making board. I may allow myself one more item and call it a month. 

Today

I need to get groceries this morning. It is the only thing I have on my list but know I will do a bit of housework if I have time. This afternoon I want to cut the piping and wine bottle bags so I can sew them starting tomorrow. I hope to do a page in the journal. I will knit tonight. I am ready to be home for the next couple of days. 

Until the next time..................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment