Thursday, February 15, 2024

Another Round Of Snow

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and cloud with a high of -3.8C. This morning we have another 1-2" of snow on the ground and it -4C. The wind has shifted from the NE to the west. We are to have an overcast day with a high of -1C. Tonight is going to clear off and drop to -11C. 

Lifestyle

My friend's youngest son had a hard time shovelling the snow berm at the end of the driveway. It was packed solid. My friend came over and ran the snow blower on the driveway. It was packed and heavy. I am glad we didn't have to shovel it as it would have taken hours. 

I went out and did my part at the front of the house and the areas I do had heavy packed snow. I went and did the deck. It wasn't deep but I had to break up the snow so I could throw it off the deck. I was over 30 minutes doing the job but am glad I got it done. 

Inside the house, I rested with heat on my hip. It was sore from the heavy shovelling and it actually bothered me most of the day. I did 2 loads of laundry and a bit of tidying up. Later in the afternoon I took out my garbage to the road and called it a day. I was hobbling some from my hip being sore. 

Sewing and Crafts

I spent part of the afternoon finishing up signature 1 of the Charlie Brown Christmas. My first job was to trace around the snowflake in navy pen so it would pop from the page. 

Next up I worked on the belly band page. It took longer as I had to fussy but the bottom of the page and add it to the part I was using. Choosing the cut outs was hard but after having a good search through 100 pieces I was ready to put the page together. 

There is nothing in the envelope but I will be putting a piece of cross stitching into it. 

Lastly I made a bottom pocket, found a little bag for puzzle pieces and got that page done. It took quite a while do make as I stencilled the page. I am still nervous when I stencil. 

The puzzle is the Charlie Brown gang skating. 

I have signature #2 upstairs to start looking for ideas. I have 4 ideas already pulled for it and need to look for more. I will be going through videos for page ideas. 

I also worked on the chemise trying to get it pleated. I threaded that pleater 4 times, thew away 3 bent needles and finally got one half of the front pleated to my liking. 

I now have to unthread the pleater, pull back the threads at the right side 1/2", rethread the pleater and do the sleeve. The process is repeated many more times. I am making progress, very slow progress. 

My last job of the afternoon was to work on the quilt. I got all the grey squares in the middle section quilted. I only have 3 red squares left to do and I can start the next row.

It is guaranteed this quilt will not be done by the end of February. 

Knitting

I knit another 20 rounds on the socks last night. I have 23 rounds left and the leg part will be done. 

I love the rich coppery colours in this yarn. When these socks are completed, I will have knit 8 balls in this colour as I love it so much. 

Thoughts

    My hip was quite sore from shovelling though part of it may have been the storm we had last night coming in. It was mainly the tight tendon in the groin area and the sore spot in the butt. They get to scream at me this morning as I have to shovel the driveway.  

    I am so grateful that my friends help me with the driveway. I can do it but it would take me forever when it is packed in like it was yesterday. 

    I woke up last night with a sore stomach. I thought I was getting the flu but it wasn't. It was part of eating too many carbs so I could shovel. I am bloated today with a 2 lb fluid gain. Back to my old eating habits and fighting low glucose levels. I will deal with the low glucose. 

Today

I will be out shovelling the driveway this morning and I do hope to fold laundry. I have to eat an early lunch as I am going to Halifax with daughter-in-law. We will be home mid to late afternoon from her appointment. I am taking my knitting with me as I don't need to shop. I hope to start the heel flaps on the first sock tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment