Friday, February 16, 2024

An Afternoon In The City

 Though yesterday started out cloudy, the sun did shine. The high got to -0.3C. This morning it is cloudy and -10C. We are to have sun, clouds, and flurries today with a high of -3C.

Lifestyle

I was out to shovel the driveway first thing and there was about 1.5" of snow. It was up and down and back and forth to get rid of the light fluffy snow. Once done I sprinkled salt on the icy patches to help them melt. I was out for about 45 minutes and the only person in our area shovelling their driveway. I did not do the deck and worried about it turning to ice. No fear as both the driveway and deck were clear and dry mid afternoon. 

I rested a bit and put heat on my hip and once I felt it was happy, I folded laundry and put it away. I then had some applesauce as daughter-in-law and I were leaving early for the city. 

I drove into the shopping area just outside of the city where we went into the Asian store. I love looking in that store as it has so many interesting items in it. I bought grandson his favourite treat for his birthday. 

Daughter-in-law got what she needed and we were off to Value Village to snoop for items there. I found some tiny books of which I want two for the journal. I will take the rest back and donate to another Value Village. Daughter-in-law got what she wanted and we were off to the city. 

We went to the Halifax Mall to get lunch and then went to daughter-in-law's appointment. I had gone in with her so I could drive home if necessary. She was fine and drove home. We got home just after 3 pm. 

I was tired when we got home so I rested until bedtime. I had a light dinner as I had another IBS attack after I got home. The cause was from worrying which was totally unnecessary. It had started the evening before and I have no idea what I was stressing over. I need to stop worrying so much as I know I can handle a lot of what needs to be done. 

Sewing and Crafting

I read through signature 2 of a Charlie Brown Christmas and got some ideas down on paper for it. I also got some pictures into word documents so I can print them off. Now to find ideas to make them interesting when the book is looked through. YouTube will be my friend. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks and got the leg done on sock #2. 

Next up is the heel flap. These socks are progressing at a good rate. 

Thoughts

    I am so happy that I could go with daughter to her appointment. Helping family is important to me as they help me so much when I need the help.  

   Daughter-in-law and I have back to back appointments for osteopathy next week. I am sure the therapist will have fun doing us and giving us the one for all if things are out of place. I am most worried about my hip turning in though it is not sore since it went back into place. I know she needs to work on other sore spots. 

    I noticed when walking I am able to walk with a more natural gait. I do know that I have weak muscles and tendons in the right hip area. As they strengthen, I will be able to walk better and further. One thing I am trying to do is not baby it as it hinders the strengthening process. I hope to start walking again once the storms are done. That will help strengthen the weak areas.

    I have had a busy week. Being out 3 days is fine but add the snow to the mix, it made the week extra busy. I know I worry about the snow even if February is our snowy month. I am trying to stop worrying as I can handle the snow. I think I worry about it as I have nothing else to worry about. 

Today

I am home today. First up I need to do yoga. Then I need to do housework this morning. This afternoon I want to work on the doll's chemise and the quilt. The heel flaps will be knit tonight on one sock. 

Until the next time........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment