Monday, February 19, 2024

I Broke My Fabric Fast

 Yesterday was sunny and windy. It felt cold outside. The high got to -4.2C. This morning there is fresh snow on the ground and -6C. We are to have sun, clouds, flurries and a high of 1C. 

Lifestyle

My first job was to do the balance sheet. It was a struggle as nothing wanted to balance. Every time it didn't balance, it was a stupid mistake on my part. I finally got it right and everything put away. All I could say was thank goodness it was done and balanced.

I bundled up good and went to get groceries. The wind went right through you when you were walking. I got everything I needed for another week. With the store being renovated and updated, it is harder to find some things as they are being moved and line ups are longer as there are less tills at the moment. It wasn't that busy when I was in the store. I am looking forward to seeing how the store will look when it is fully renovated. 

Once home, I got the groceries put away and sat with Elliott. He was wanting his cuddle time. That means he lays beside me and lets me pet him. After lunch, he settled down for his long afternoon nap as he was happy. 

My hip and knee hurt less yesterday which was nice. Doing a bunch of knee bends helped the knee and the hip just felt better. I keep moving around and flexing it to keep it feeling good.

Sewing and Crafting

I spent a lot of time working on row 3 of the quilt. I got it the quilting done where I had joined blocks 1 and 2. 

I then worked on blocks 3 and 4 and got them done, joined, and quilted. I was on a roll so I joined the row together. 

The back seam is ready to hand sew and then the red square can be quilted. Almost ready to sew it on to rows 1 and 2. 

When I was looking at Pinterest, I found a cute cartoon to put in the front of the Charlie Brown Christmas journal. I worked on it and got it done. 

I can now start printing, colouring, and making things for signature 2. I have several items printed, more ready to print, and just need to spend some time working on it. 

My late afternoon and evening project was to finish the cross stitch I had started a while ago. It is done and will be put in the journal. I expect it will be the last page of the books. 

Knitting

I took the evening off from knitting to finish the cross stitch. I needed a break before I turn the heels and make a decision if I will rip them back and restart the heel flaps with 2 less stitches on the needles. 

Thoughts

    I am going to have to get new runners this week. My old ones will be used when doing yard work. The new ones will give me more support as the old ones are breaking down with age. They have done me well for 18 months. 

    I am going to have to break my fabric fast and buy 2 pieces of fabric to make a bag for daughter to donate to a field trial. I am hoping I have ordered enough fabric to make 2 bags so one can be put away. I will just have to buy the lining and contrast fabric for the bags once it arrives. 

Today

I have to shovel the driveway this morning and then I want to work on the quilt and the chemise. I hope to knit tonight. I may get a bit of housework done if I have time. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment