Thursday, February 08, 2024

An Afternoon Out

 Yesterday was cloudy but in the afternoon we saw sunshine. The high got to -1.2C. This morning it is cloudy and -5C. We are to have sunshine with a high of 0C. 

Lifestyle

My plans changed yesterday as I went to Bedford with daughter-in-law. I was surprised to see that the further we went towards the city, the more snow had fallen. Daughter-in-law told me that going towards New Minas the snow was less so we must have been near the edge of the storm. 

We went to Value Village to get grandson an outfit that looked 1980's. We had fun looking for the items required for the costume. I did look around for items that I might have wanted and found nothing. They had a big pile of Little Golden Books but none were Christmas stories. I bought nothing. 

Next up was Walmart and we got what we needed there. Mainly groceries and a few craft items -- ribbon and embroidery floss. We also went to another grocery store to get a few more things and then on to Upper Sackville where daughter-in-law had her osteopathy session. 

At home, we had one more stop to make before I got dropped off. I put out the recycling first thing and then got groceries put away. It was dinner time. What a wonderful afternoon I had out. I really appreciated spending the afternoon with daughter-in-law. 

Sewing and Crafting

I spent 90 minutes in the sewing room. My first job was to find tags for the wine gift bags and I succeeded at that. 


I even found a few little ornaments to attach to the ribbon (which I bought).

You can hardly see the little star and bobble but they do add something to the bags in real life.

Once I had the bag idea sorted out, I worked on row 2 of the quilt. I got 2 blocks quilted, trimmed, sewn together, and ready to hand sew the backing down. 

I got more done than I had expected to. 

Knitting

I got the yarn up before I went shopping.

After dinner I set up the next pair of socks. I have 10 rounds done on the cuff of sock #1. Six more rounds on it and I start the ribbing on sock #2.

I have chosen a new pattern for these socks and will knit them in my usual fashion. These are for daughter and I told her that Elliott may be knitting her socks. 

Elliott's expression is that I am making them and he is supervising me to make sure they get done. 

Thoughts

    I was happy to be out with daughter-in-law yesterday afternoon. I needed an afternoon away from the house. Other than buy ribbon and embroidery floss, I refrained from buying any other craft items. I got some groceries I needed. 

    My glucose level was low at dinner time and I had a bottle of ice tea that was loaded with sugar. The low glucose headache left and I felt fine shortly after drinking it. The bottle of ice tea wasn't what I had wanted; I wanted the zero sugar one but in the end it was what I needed. I am struggling with low levels and am not sure how to get more carbs into my diet. On the plus side, I am not pre-diabetic any more.

    My weight has stalled at 59.1 lbs lost. I cannot move it downwards at the moment. I may have hit a plateau and need to be patient. I know I made some muscle shovelling snow. My hip and knee have less pain and I am more flexible than I have been for a few years. I will continue to eat correctly and monitor everything carefully. 

Today

I need to do yoga this morning. I want to clean the living room area and do some laundry. I plan on hand sewing this afternoon and begin the next 2 blocks of the quilt. I may have time to work on a page of the journal. Tonight I will knit. It is a stay at home day for me. 

Until the next time.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment