Friday, February 09, 2024

A Busy Day Doing Fun Things

 Yesterday was full of blue skies and sunshine. The high got to 0.6C. This morning it is -9C. We are to have another day of sunshine with a high of 3C. 

Lifestyle

Yoga was done first thing and I hurt, especially my back. Nothing went crack so I knew everything was in place. I pushed through blaming the weather as we are to have rain. I took Tylenol which did help some and all was good by the afternoon. 

I cleaned up some of the living room. I moved couches around, swept and washed floors, and fluffed blankets. I swept under the dining room table as Elliott's hair had accumulated in a pile under it. I still have a bit of work to do in the living room but it is basically clean. 

I went out to friend's late in the afternoon and gave the two boys gift cards for helping me so much during the storm. They were excited to get them. I know they were doing the good neighbour thing but the boys worked hard helping me and they deserved it. I also visited my friend for tea. We talked for a while and then I came home to have dinner. I had a headache which meant I had low glucose. 

Sewing and Crafting

I worked on the journal for over an hour yesterday. One page got done and it took me ages to design. I am happy with it. 

It goes well with the story. 

I also made a belly band using a cup band. This was a fun make which will hold a Dear Santa letter. 

I started off sewing by hand sewing the openings on the wine bottle bags. They are done ready for me to stitch on the ribbon and add all the bits and pieces. I then sewed the backing down on the quilt. 

Once the backing was done, I quilted the two pieces and then started on the next two blocks. They were quilted and trimmed ready to sew together. 

Daughter texted me at dinner time to say she was at a fabric store and did I want ribbon. She bought me some really cute Christmas ribbon that was deeply discounted. 

She was so lucky to have found them and I am excited to be getting them. Usually Christmas items go fast in that store but she said there was lots of ribbon and bolts and bolts of Christmas fabric. 

Knitting

I knit on the second sock last night and got the cuff done on it. 

The pattern I am using is Vanilla Latte which is free on Ravelry. It is an easy pattern to knit; a combination of knit and purl. 

Thoughts

    I got out the fabric for the doll's chemise and printed off the pattern. I have to add 1/4" to the seams so I can do French seams. I have decided to use my smocking pleater to gather the neckline and sleeves. Why do it by hand when I have the equipment to do it. 

    My friend is making great progress on her goat wall hanging. She is working 4 hours a day on it and hopes to have it done by the end of March. There is a lot of hand sewing, fixing parts she isn't happy with and lining some pieces so other fabrics won't show. I admire her creativity as it isn't something I would ever think to tackle. 

    I am recovering from all the snow removal. We have snow next week but only a small amount that I can tackle easily. 

Today

I am grocery shopping this morning after I do yoga. I want to sew on the doll's chemise and the quilt. I want to knit tonight. If I can, I will do a bit of housework but that is planned for tomorrow. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment