Saturday, February 24, 2024

A Happy and Productive Day

 Yesterday was dull and grey. The high got to 4.9C and 6.3 mm of rain fell by midnight. This morning it is raining and 3C. The temperature is to drop during the day and the rain will change to snow. We are to have wind thrown into the mix. 

Lifestyle

I did all of my yoga exercises yesterday and was amazed at how little pain I had. I was able to do a bit more of most of them. Osteopathy certainly fixed whatever was going on. 

I cleaned the landing, stairs, and front door entry. I do this job on my hands and knees. It was dirty due to the fact we come in to the house that way. I did some stretches while doing the stairs which made it fun and kept my hip and knee from hurting. I admired how nice it looked as it will get dirty when I come in from outside. 

I had low glucose at dinner time which I was surprised about. I felt tired but had no headache. I ate extra carbs to hold me over for the night. My weight hasn't changed since the beginning of January which means I am either at the weight my body is happy with or it is catching up after all the weight I have lost. I will try to loose a bit more when spring arrives and I am outside more. 

Sewing and Crafting

I had a busy time with paper crafts. I had a thought and ran with it for 40 minutes. I made small gift tags for gift bags. The first 2 were trial and error and turned out quite good. 

The next 3 were made using up scraps of paper from the paper bin. They were a bit more thought out. 

Other than the cut outs that are on the front, the cards cost nothing to make. All are from left over scraps of paper. I have light blue cut for 3 more cards. In the process of looking for scraps, I found the paper for the reindeer antlers for the candy holders. They are on the list to finish on Sunday. 

As I worked on the cards, I cleaned off the cutting table. That meant scraps were dealt with, ribbon put into the gift bag and everything put into their correct tubs. By noon it was clean. A nice way to start sewing in the afternoon. 

I spent the afternoon quilting the row on the cardinal quilt. You can see where I was feeling worse on the row. It is what it is and I worked around it. It took me about 2 hours to quilt and I am happy that row is done. 

Once done, I played with the fabric for the next wine bottle bags. The main fabric is cardinals that I bought 7 years ago while working at Fabricland. The top part is left over from the backing of the cardinal quilt. 

I dug in the stash and found enough fabric to line the bags. All is cut out ready for March. I also cut out 2 mug rugs to embroider. 

The next 4 blocks of the quilt are pinned together ready to be worked on. I will stitch in the ditch around the center blocks and then quilt those blocks plus the two of the blocks have one small grey block quilted. 

I left the sewing room pleased with what I had accomplished in 3 hours. It was the best afternoon I have had in a long while. 

Knitting

I worked on the gusset on the first sock and completed it. 

The second sock had the stitches picked up for the gusset and I am ready to start knitting it. 

Thoughts

    I had a good day yesterday as the amount of pain I had was minimal. I wonder if my depression last week was the cause of the flare up I had. The two do go hand in hand for me. It was a dull day and it didn't even bother me. I also wonder if having 2 days out of the sewing room helped also. All I know is that I am ready to sew on the quilt and start new projects. 

    I have worried a bit about the weather we are having. It is raining and will continue all day. It is suppose to turn to snow and the temperature is dropping to be cold again. I don't have to go out for a few days. I am also worried that there will be run off with the rain as the ground is frozen. I have picked up everything I could in case water comes into the basement. 

    I have decided that I am going to do some freezer meals next week. In the mean time, I am going to inventory what I have, and make a grocery list of what I need. I am starting to get low on dinners and I do enjoy having them on hand. It allows me to cook a full meal and divide it up for the freezer. 

Today

Yoga will be done first thing this morning. I want to do laundry and clean up the spare room and hall. I am going to start the freezer inventory this morning. This afternoon I am going to sew on the quilt and do a bit more paper crafting. Tonight I will knit on the socks. With the weather the way it is, I will stay home today. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment