Sunday, October 01, 2023

Stocking Are Done and Can Be Hung

 Yesterday was a lovely fall day with some haze. The fog disappeared mid morning. The high got to 16.2C. This morning there is thick fog and it is 7C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 21C when the fog lifts. 

Lifestyle

I did my yoga exercises in the morning. I started out stiff but repeated the exercises twice and felt more limber when done. I am hoping they will help which they should even if it only makes me stronger and a bit more limber. 

Cleaning up part of the living room was the chore of the day. I dusted surfaces and the at the ceiling to make sure that was taken care of. I tried to fix a curtain rod but that was unsuccessful. I'm thinking more seriously about blinds. With that job looked at, I wiped the floor space I had swept using wet cloths as I wanted to do the job quickly. I now know to spray more cleaner on the cloth as I go along. 

Once the part of the living room was cleaned, I cleaned the stairs down to the landing and wiped all the spindles. Next was cleaning out the coat closet and clean it and the landing area at the top of the stairs. I also replaced a burnt out bulb in the ceiling fan in the landing. All I need to do is dust the ceiling fan which is fun and games.  

I was on my feet for 2 hours doing the job with short rests between areas. My hips were tired when I sat down to have a good rest. But, what I had planned to do was done. I also felt good mentally knowing I had accomplished what I had set out to do. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon sewing the paw stockings and got them done. I need to get treats for the dogs and they will be ready to be shipped to daughter. 

Though cute and fairly easy to make, I think this is it for this pattern. 

I laid out the apron pattern I had bought a few months ago. The tracing paper is on top of the pattern and its ready to be traced and then cut out on fabric. This is the last Christmas gift to be made at this time. 

Knitting

I knit about 16 rows or more on the vest. I am almost done the decreasing of the armholes. Then it will be a few more pattern repeats and the back will be done. 

As usual, the sides want to curl in. Purling does that. I did make a mistake and had to unknit two cables and do them correctly. I check cable rows 2 to 3 times to make sure all is good as it is easy to put the cable stitches to the wrong side. 

Today

My list is made and I need to do yoga, balance sheet, and more living room cleaning this morning. I want to sew this afternoon and knit tonight. I have no need to go out again today.

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment