Monday, October 16, 2023

Forgotten Items Found

 Yesterday was a lovely day with lots of sunshine. The high got to 14.7C. This morning it is raining and 12C. We are to have rain and a high of 14C today. 

Lifestyle

My first job was to do the balance sheet. It was done in record time as I had 3 receipts to enter and 2 bills to pay. 

Next was to get the chicken carcass from Saturday's dinner into the soup pot to make soup. While it was simmering I did my yoga exercises twice. I was sore when I started but not as bad when I finished. The muscle in the groin is not as sore though it will flare up if I move incorrectly. My knee hurts a bit but I am putting it all to walking correctly and muscles are rebelling from being used. 

I got two meals of soup made and the bonus was enough chicken for a stir fry for dinner last night. I cleaned up the kitchen so it was really clean after making soup. 

Mid afternoon I went for a short walk (.4km) using the walking sticks. I had thought I would be sore but I wasn't. It was a nice feeling to get outside and move. I have to think about walking with the sticks as I can get out of sync in a hurry. I laugh at myself knowing it will become second nature as I use them more. 

The emergency alert went off at 11 pm and woke me up from a deep sleep. It was warning that a person with a gun was on the run. He was about a 1.25 hour drive from here. I was cold when I went back to bed and had to get up and heat up the magic bag so I could warm up. I did go back to sleep fairly fast and didn't wake up until 6 a.m. 

Sewing

I took a picture of the quilt on my bed. The design is neat. 

I don't have the pattern nor do I want it as I will not make this one again. Once was enough and I don't buy jelly rolls or other small cut fabric. 

I laid out the cardinal wall hanging as it is next to be long arm quilted. This wall hanging was made in 2009-2010 when I lived alone in Dawson Creek. I made paper templates and cut the pieces out with scissors as most of my tools were in Ashcroft. It surprises me as to how lined up this hanging is. I need to take it to the shop as it has a dip in one side. As the hanging is basically square in shape, I am wondering if it can be put on sideways to quilt. It is a question to ask as I'd like to have it done early next year. I would need to buy the batting for it as I have everything else in the stash. 

Once I got organized, I started on the cushion cover. The fabric design was going sideways on the cushion so I made it into a table topper for the bedside table. I played with it and had fun. It was done in a short period of time. 

I did spend 20 minutes cleaning the book case. I took everything off and found a few things I had forgotten about. One is a small binder of sewing info. It is on my table to go through. I pulled the book case out from the wall and washed the floor and dry wiped the wall. It was dusty. I put it back and got things organized. 

I have google chrome set up on the TV and need to figure out where to put the iPad so I can watch YouTube while sewing. I want to have it plugged in to keep it charged and close to the sewing machine so I can choose videos I want to watch.  

I left 3 piles to deal with today as I was sore from sitting on the floor and needed to walk. 

I need to decide what is to go, where to put the quilting books, and go through the pile on the box to see what needs to be done with that. I did take a pile of papers out to recycle. Progress was made which was nice. Next up is the yarn stash. It needs a good cleaning as it is quite dusty. 

Knitting

I cast on the stitches and knit 11 rows on the vest front. I am half way done the ribbing. 

When cleaning up the knitting books, I found a magazine with a post-it note sticking out of it. When I looked, it was a vest pattern I wanted to make years ago. I am thinking of casting it on and making it this winter. It is a Celtic cable design and I would have to figure out how to lengthen the body as I am long waisted. Maybe add to the ribbing. 

Today

I am going to go to New Minas with daughter-in-law this morning. I will do yoga when I get home and then figure out the rest of the day. I need to deal with more cleaning in the sewing room and cut out the necessary pieces to start sewing Elliott's quilt. I want to knit tonight as I am on a roll with the vest front. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment