Sunday, October 15, 2023

Hurrah! The Quilt Is Done

 Yesterday was a mix of sun, clouds, and a cold wind. The high got to 13.4C. This morning it is 9C. Today we are to have sunshine with some clouds and a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

I did my yoga exercises twice yesterday and when done I noticed that I am able to do more with my right hip. It could be going back into place. But the good ended there. I was sore as could be in my hips and down the outside of both legs. I think it could be muscles sore from walking properly and not use to it. Daughter-in-law thinks so also. It was a day of pain but I lived with it if it is sore muscles. 

I did clean the kitchen, took out the recycling, and washed the floor. It looked so much better when done. It pushed me to sweep the garage floor when doing the recycling. I'm hoping that I can continue to do more housework each day and push through pain that I will have. 

I opened my Amazon parcel and put away some of the items and wrapped 2 of them to go across Canada. I also did some rearranging in the box and am trying to start another one so I can take them in for shipping. I am getting there slowly and need to add surely to the line. 

I did get my list done by noon and was happy as I didn't think I would be able to do. I did have an hour's nap in the afternoon to help relax and ease the pain. It helped a bit as it did heat. 

I was over to family's place for dinner and we had a delicious meal and a lot of laughs. We were all tired so the one liners came out fast and furious. I left early as I wanted to relax before going to bed. It was an early night for me. 

Sewing

I finished the binding on the quilt. I took a few pictures of it on the table and will do more of it on my bed. 

I understand this is the first time they used this pattern and we are all really pleased with it. The thread colour is bisque and I love how the pattern shows up on the back rather than blend in. 

The pattern is more subtle on the front but still noticeable. The thread shows white in the pictures due to the sunlight in the room. 

My next job is to make a cushion cover for rectangular shaped cushion. I am ready to start on it right away. But, before I can sew, I have to do 15-20 minutes of clean up in the sewing room each day I sew. Once the cushion is done, I can work on the cardinal quilts.

As I was looking at the fabrics on the shelving unit, I found a piece of fabric I can use for part of a 3 yard quilt. I will have to find 2 more fabrics to go with it. Those I will buy. 

Knitting

I crocheted on the border of the donation blanket daughter-in-law made. Row 1 is done and I have started on row 2. I should be finished it soon. I do it when I go over to their place for dinner.

I did not cast on my vest front last night. Doing it was beyond me as I was very tired. 

Thoughts

    I have worked out a bit of a plan for the next few days. What is holding me up is if I need to see the doctor about my x-rays. Hopefully I will know on Monday if I need an appointment or not. 

    The fluid I gained is almost gone. I increased my fluids, ate less and it worked for me. I didn't think it would happen with the sore muscles I had yesterday but it did. 

    I have decided that once I finish cleaning the sewing room, I will start cleaning the rest of the basement 20 minutes a day before sewing. It is time to clean it again plus I am going to be able to do under the stairs.

    We talked about the garden a bit last night and, beside the usual items, we are going to try egg plant and bok choy. Both can grow in Nova Scotia though egg plant will be a challenge if the summer is cool. It likes hot weather. I may have to buy one more big pot to grow the egg plant in and use the other big one for a couple of cucumber plants. I will do the planting plan in December. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet, make a pot of chicken soup, do my yoga exercises, fold laundry, and try to walk right after lunch. If I have time in the morning, I will clean the bathroom. This afternoon I will clean the sewing room for 20 minute and sew the cushion cover. I do hope to cast on the vest front and knit a few rows of ribbing tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment