Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Elliott's Quilt Blocks Finished

 Yesterday was wet with a few sunny spells. The high got to 11.4C and about .5" of rain fell. This morning it is 4C. We are to have clouds, sun, and a high of 14C. I wonder if we will have frost as daylight comes as we are at that sweet temperature for it to happen. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law was over first thing to bring me potatoes and the batteries I ordered. She took grandson's gift home. She was sore as she cleaned up the basement and put heavy tubs away after another mouse was spotted in the basement. I felt for her as pain is a bummer to deal with. Once she left, I got the first box ready to ship to daughter. It is gone and should be leaving Halifax this morning and it may be returned to me as I may have printed out the wrong shipping label though I usually trash them when I send them out. I am printing the new label so I can take it back to the PO if necessary. I feel sort of stupid about this. 

I had my osteopathy treatment yesterday. The person and I talked about what I've been doing in the past 3 weeks and she's thrilled that I am going to physio, doing yoga and starting to walk. She did a treatment on my groin and sore spots on my torso. She knows I am stiff from all the pain I've been dealing with. My right hip is moving back into place faster than she thought but I still need more treatments which I figured I would. I left with little pain which felt good. 

After mailing the parcel and getting lunch, I headed home to apply heat as required. I was tired but happier than I have been for a long time. I rested for a bit but walked inside as the weather was not what I wanted to deal with. I did go outside and get the flyers which were at the end of the driveway. The walk down hill hurt a bit but the walk uphill was great. I worked on standing straight and walking with a good gait. It's coming even if I have to focus on doing it right. 

I have had to run the heat as the house gets cool. Mainly mornings and evenings. I wear a sweater inside to keep warm which is normal for me in the fall and winter. I have also started to close the curtains at night to keep the house warmer. 

Sewing

Thought I was tired, I wasn't as bad as other times. I went down and sewed. I got the last 3 blocks for Elliott's quilt made and I love it. I had to cut out 2 grey squares to finish up. 

I have it all organized by rows and put away until I get the backing and batting to do quilt as you go. The plan is to practice on this quilt before I do mine. 

I got the pieces out for my quilt and have them piled so I can start sewing them. I am going to start by doing 4 blocks a day so I can have it done in good time. 

I looked for a separating zipper in the stash and found nothing in the colour I need for the doll's jacket I want to make. I will have to look in Walmart when I go shopping. If not, I will have to take a trip to Atlantic Fabrics or Fabricville. That means a longer day trip as they are out past Dartmouth in an area called Cole Harbour. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was tired. 

I did clean up the tubs of yarn yesterday and I don't need to buy yarn unless for the 2nd vest I want to make. I have lots for the dolls and enough to make 2 pairs of socks. This yarn is for socks for daughter. 

The other yarn will be made into socks for grandson. I need to find silk yarn to make daughter-in-law another pair also. Great winter knitting projects. 

Thoughts

    I found another video series on YouTube to make freezer meals. The person is Canadian which makes it easier to find the brands she is using. One of the recipes I want to make is Chicken Hurry. I can do it with carrots and rice and put them in the freezer. There is also a beef and broccoli stir fry that I want to try. I enjoy having freezer meals which I can thaw out and reheat in the microwave. The ones in the aluminum pans will be put on a plate to reheat. I am trying to use up the pans as I have lots of them in the pantry. Once done, I will get the plastic ones. I've seen them at a couple of stores. I have lots of round ones for dishes like the stir fry and other meals that can be layered. 

    I didn't shop yesterday as I didn't want to make myself sore. I will try to walk today if the weather is nice in the afternoon. I need to strengthen the muscles for walking as I am now more correctly aligned. 

    I am going to get back to cleaning the house while I have less pain. The past few days have been busy outside the house. The pain has been at a level 8 most days making it hard to do a lot of cleaning. I will work on cleaning as best as I can and hope I can see the results over time. 

Today

I need to do yoga this morning and go for a short walk this afternoon. My goal is to start cleaning the bathroom. I want to pull out the yarn cubby and clean behind it this afternoon. Sewing will be 4 blocks on my quilt. I have to take out garbage, get the mail, and buy cat food. A busy day for me and I hope the muscles are going to cooperate. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment