Friday, October 20, 2023

Off To The City I Went

Yesterday was a lovely day with a mix of sunshine and clouds. The high got to 16.6C which was really nice. This morning it is 8C. Today we are to have a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 18C.

Lifestyle

I ditched my house work and went to the city with daughter-in-law. We went to look for stone for retaining walls, decks, and stairs. Then it was on to get windows for their basement, look at bbqs. Our final shop was a meat run at Costco and then we went for lunch. Once done lunch, we came home. 

I held up really well. I was sore but it seemed to be weak muscles rebelling. I was also some muscles being tense as I need to relax when walking. I remained quite straight and walked slow so I could focus on walking correctly. In total I walked .85 km which is the most I've walked in a long time. 

Once home, I put used the heating pad to help with sore muscles and fell asleep on the couch. I was quite tired from all we did. I was stiff when I woke up but the soreness is more in the areas of weakness. The big muscles in my groin hardly hurt at all and my knee was less stiff. I'm getting better.

I added what I call spot cleaning to my list. Yesterday was the dining room table and I did get it tidied up before leaving in the morning. I will finish it today by washing it. I have chosen to add spot cleaning which is to last 10 minutes only so I can clean little areas up quickly. 

I did a quick check of cleaners under the sink. The amount is going down and I hope they will be gone in the next couple of months. I will be buying a couple of baskets to contain and control them. 

I finally was able to book the covid fall booster for mid November. I have to travel but will be looking for an opening closer to home. 

Sewing

None done yesterday as I slept. I didn't even think about sewing as we got home mid afternoon. 

Knitting

I knit 10 rows last night. The front is coming along and there is only 10 patterns to left complete to under the arms. 

Today

I need to do yoga first thing and then finish the bathroom. Spot cleaning is folding laundry. I need to clean up behind the yarn cubby in the sewing room and sew 4 blocks on my quilt. I want to knit tonight. I also need to go for a short walk in the afternoon while it is nice outside. I may not be walking for the next couple of days due to rain. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment