Saturday, October 07, 2023

Back To Physio

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of about 24C (humidex 28C). This morning it is foggy and 16C. We are to have mainly cloudy weather with a high of 20C. Tropical storm Phillipe will arrive sometime tonight bringing rain. 

Lifestyle

I did the yoga exercises and focused on trying to move my right leg inwards at the knee (it wants to be turned out). I did the rest of the exercises as I usually do and was a bit sore when I finished. I walked around and was fine. 

Next on the agenda was sweeping floors and washing the living room area and the kitchen floors. While waiting for them to dry, I started to wrap dishes in bubble wrap so they can be packed into 4 boxes. 

I was to physio mid morning and saw my therapist. Everyone welcomed me back which was funny. The therapist did her assessment and apologized that she had done one when she took me from the therapist I first saw. She realized that I was out of alignment back then. I showed her the yoga exercises I am doing and made 2 modifications to two exercises. She then did more assessment and found the tight muscles and the weak area. Two more yoga exercises were done and added to the list and she did one move on me before doing heat and current. I was really tired at the end of the session and go back on Wednesday. 

At home, I struggled with pain for the rest of the day. I pushed through making 6 freezer meals.

They are in the downstairs freezer ready for me to have later on. I did have the left over tortellini Alfredo  and it was delicious. I will be adding more meals so I can heat them up on days I am busy. 

Grandson was over to weed under the deck. I was out to see him a couple of times. I looked at the lonely garlic in the box and it now has company. Two more garlic cloves have started to grow. I did check the leeks and will be pulling them today. Grandson got the weeding done and it needs to be sprayed. He will come over and work on the hedge today. 

In between times, I sat on the couch with the heat on the sore spots. By 8 pm the pain was almost gone and I took an Aleve and went to bed. I was exhausted from the pain. 

Sewing

Though I peeked into the sewing room, I didn't finish the potholders. 

Knitting

No knitting last night. 

Thoughts

    I got daughter-in-law to order me walking sticks which I hope they arrive on Tuesday so I can take them in to be adjusted and learn how to use them. I will be using them for walking outside. I want to add short distances a few days a week. The sticks are to help me distribute the weight evenly on both sides of the body. 

    From the exam at physio, I learned I lean forward when standing due to the tightness/weakness of muscles in the right leg. We will be addressing posture as I loosen up. The physiotherapist thinks I have some arthritis but not a lot when she finished assessing me. She feels between physio and osteopathy I can get back to normal. I sure hope so and am trying to be positive about it. 

    Though the making of the meals was tiring yesterday, I did enjoy doing them. I like having meals ready to go on days I am busy. I would like to have a mix of oven and microwave meals on hand. My next meal will be meatloaf with pirogies and onions. It may be a microwave meal. I will try it and see if it can be done from frozen. I will also be cooking chicken breasts and freezing them for stirfrys and lunches. As I can only have 3 oz of meat at lunch and dinner, I weigh my meat before I freeze it. 

Today

After I do yoga, I am going out to pull the leeks and spray weeds. I want to leave late morning to get the quilt and a few other things I need. I may hand sew the potholders if I'm not too tired. Knitting may happen also. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment