Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Apron and Potholder Completed

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny and warm day. The high got to 21.1C. This morning it is 10C and we are to have another lovely sunny day with a high of 23C. 

Lifestyle

I did the yoga exercises yesterday with a few longer holds. I think they are helping though I do tire from the exercises and a lot of movement. I am still worrying about my hip and knee which doesn't help me either. But, I got them done and will be adding the pelvic tilt today. 

I finished cleaning the living room area yesterday. It was the messy part where I sit. I spent a lot of time cleaning and ended up washing all the floor area plus the top of the stairs and the stairs. It was great to have it done. It wasn't as dirty as I had thought it would be. It is just a time consuming job that requires me to work on sections to get it cleaned up. There wasn't a lot of dust either which was surprising. 

I moved the cushions around on the couch and will have to buy new furniture or get some old items upholstered. They are starting to loose their firmness. I have some ideas after I get some prices. 

I did go out to fill up the car with gas. I was gone maybe 10 minutes. I did chuckle as I drove by my neighbour's house. It was her 70th birthday and this is what she woke up to. I wonder if her husband had a hand in this happening. 

I did text to wish her a happy birthday as they are both not feeling well and I am not going over to get their germs. 

Sewing

I finished up the apron and quite like it. It is an easy pattern to make. 


Though they say it is reversible, I am going to call this lined. I have a piece of southwestern fabric to make another one but need to look for lining fabric. I also have about 2.5 meters of the cowboy boot fabric in the stash. I will have to see what I make from it. I have had this fabric since 2009 and hated to cut it for many years. 

I cut out 4 potholders and got the first one made. 

I can make one more with the plaid binding and the other 2 will have boot fabric binding. I am pleased with how this one looks. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and got 8 rows done before my hands started to cramp. I think I am coming up to the last decrease row and then it will be knitting the pattern for a few more repeats and it will be done. I did have to start a new ball of yarn. 

Thoughts

    I am finding that writing down what I need to do daily is helping me get things done. It makes me push myself to get busy and do what I need to do daily. I hope that I can keep on with this plan as I am enjoying seeing things getting done.

    Yoga is helping me get more mobile. I do notice that I can feel the stiffness in the right groin area while stretching. I am hoping that by doing a bit more stretching every day, I will get those muscles longer and less stiff. 

    I have been masking up more diligently lately. Though I haven't heard about a rise in covid cases in Nova Scotia, I have read that they are on the rise in BC. I have noticed that a lot of seniors in our area are, once again, wearing masks so I am wondering what news I have missed. I am going to keep doing what I do -- wear a mask, use sanitizer, and social distance the best I can when shopping. I respect the choices others make as we all have different views on this topic. 

Today

I have to do my exercises, wash the living room windows, mop the floors and fold laundry. I hope to make the 2nd potholder this afternoon. I go to the doctor's late this afternoon. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment