Tuesday, October 10, 2023

A Wonderful Thanksgiving

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 18.9C. A beautiful Thanksgiving day for us. This morning it is 10C and basically clear. We are to have a few showers with a high of 16C. 

Lifestyle

My job for Thanksgiving dinner was to make buns. I spent until 3 pm babysitting those buns as the yeast was weak. Though dense, they were fine. I have tossed the yeast and will get new to make more buns later this week. 

While babysitting the buns, I did chores. The floors were swept and the kitchen and living area washed. I cleaned up the kitchen and did the dirty dishes. I kept busy doing little things. 

Yoga is certainly helping me. I am feeling less pain as the muscles are relaxing and stretching out. I am pushing to do longer times if it doesn't hurt after the count of 5. I am able to count to 10 for most of the exercises. My back is sore which means I need to be adjusted in that area. My muscles get sore as they are weak from lack of exercise but I am working on that. I am hoping that I will be able to continue to get stronger and have less pain. 

Dinner at family's was lovely. The meal was really tasty and we had ham, roasted sweet potatoes, peas and carrots, and buns. Friends came over and we had pie for dessert. It was a lovely evening for everyone. 

Sewing

I was going to hand sew the last 2 potholders watching tv while the buns cooked. Instead, I had to do them at the kitchen table as the floors were wet. I was watching the buns as they were still rising. I did get the potholders done. 

I spent time in the sewing room and got 8 strips of binding cut for the quilt. I am ready to sew them together to make one long piece. It felt good to be in the sewing room even if only for 30 minutes. I had to leave and check those buns. 

I did spend some time playing with manipulating darts on a half size bodice front sloper. I moved the bust dart to the armhole which took several attempts. I watched the process on YouTube and did enjoy myself. I will do this again and start a binder showing what I am doing. I had to put it away as I had to get the buns out of the oven and get ready to go to family's for dinner. 

Knitting

Daughter-in-law finished a lap blanket to donate to a care home and I got the first row of the border crocheted almost completed. The next time I am over, I will finish the row and do one more row and call it done. I haven't crocheted for quite a while and my hands are sore from it. But, it is nice to help out. 

Today

I have to get grandson from the hair dressers around 8:30 a.m. so am hustling to be ready to go. After I take him home, I will go and get groceries. I need to make 3 freezer meals from left over ham and have the 4th for dinner. I want to work on binding the quilt, do some pattern manipulation and knit tonight. I am not doing yoga today unless I can fit it in before lunch. Housework will be basic; sweep and mop the floors and do dirty dishes from the freezer meals.

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment