Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Red Leaves Means Fall

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 23.5C. This morning it is 11C. We are to have a mix of sunshine and clouds today with a high of 20C. 

Lifestyle

I did the yoga exercises yesterday and am pushing a bit further in the stretches and for a bit longer. In some cases I am counting to 10 before I come out of the stretch. I had less pain when done. 

I cleaned the 3 windows in the living room. Though done this summer, they were filthy dirty due to the storms we've had. It took me just over an hour to do the windows which included cleaning the outside of the lower part. The amount of dirt that had to be vacuumed up was amazing. Even the screens were dirty. I put 3 clothes into the dirty laundry basket when done. I mopped the floors and down the stairs. The floors are staying clean due to the amount of wiping they've had. I ended my morning by folding laundry and my to-do list was finished. 

I was to the doctor yesterday afternoon. He was running late by about 45 minutes and I was his 2nd to last patient. He was very patient even at that time of the day. We talked and I got my prescriptions sent to the pharmacy. I also got requisitions for X-rays and blood work. I have X-rays on October 11 and have to check for blood work dates in November for December. 

Sewing

I got the remaining 3 potholders quilted and one of them finished. 

The binding was made for the remaining 2 potholders before I stopped. I also sewed a button onto a sweater for daughter-in-law. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was tired from a busy day. 

Thoughts

    I slept poorly last night. I was up twice with muscle/tendon spasms in both legs. The right leg was down behind the ankle bone and the left leg was in the front of the lower leg. Not sure why but I may have been dehydrated or my hips were aligning back into place. All I can say is that they were so sore I was up twice walking the house to stop the spasms. Though I am sore this morning it is less intense than I've had for a long time. 

    On my way home from the doctor's office, I noticed that the maple leaves are starting to turn red. The flame bushes are already a bright red adding a lot of colour to many places. Fingers crossed we have a lovely show of colour this fall. 

    I did find that covid cases are going up in our province but not like they were last fall. The latest booster will be available some time in the next week to 10 days. I have to wait for 5 weeks to get mine. 

Today

I have to do yoga first and then I am going to start cleaning the kitchen. I need to grocery shop as I am running low on food. I hope to finish the potholders this afternoon and knit tonight. The bonus will be pressing the dot fabric for the cardinal quilts. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment