Monday, October 02, 2023

An Apron In The Making

 Yesterday was foggy for most of the morning and the sun shone for a while before it became hazy. The high got to 19C. This morning it is clear and 8C. We are to have sunshine (haze) and 20C today. 

Lifestyle

My first job yesterday morning was to do the balance sheet. I was out 2 pennies which I did an alteration as I couldn't find my mistake. It is there but eluding me. Bills were paid and all put away for another week. 

I did my yoga exercises and they are helping some. I was sore most of the day for some unknown reason. Not from yoga. I stretched during the night and heard a lot of cracking and the pain was a whole lot less. I guess I am getting things back into place. 

I did more cleaning in the living room area and wiped the floor space to keep up. I used the wet pad, once again, to wipe down the stairs to keep them clean. I also emptied recycling into their proper containers in the garage. Also the spare bedroom was tidied up as that is where the litter box is. A productive morning even if I was sore. 

Sewing

I got the apron cut out and sewn together. It is a reversible apron so I had to bag it. I am at the point of rolling the edges sharp and pinning them in place ready to press. 

I top stitched the ties 1/16" from the edge and it was quite the job. The mistakes are barely noticeable as I used blue thread that matched perfectly. 

There is enough fabric left over to make 4 potholders to go with the apron. They will be easy to make as I have done a lot of potholders in the past 3 years. I am hoping to have these finished before I see the doctor tomorrow afternoon. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was tired. I didn't want to make any mistakes. 

Thoughts

    I found the pain I had yesterday made me tired and feeling negative. The pain has travelled up to my right shoulder blade. I still must be out of alignment. I keep telling myself that it will take time to get all the pain gone. Not much help when you are sore and uncomfortable. The osteopath therapist said this would happen so I'm trying to suck it up. 

    I am almost done Christmas presents to send to daughter. I now need to get out the boxes and start packing them. I can print my first label tomorrow for free shipping. I am excited about that as I can reclaim space under the table where the Cricut is. 

    Fall is arriving as the trees have started to change colour. I am hoping that it will be bright and vibrant this year due to the rain we had all summer. We wait and see as we do every year. 

Today

My goal is to do my yoga, finish cleaning the living room and wipe down the floor once again. I hope to do the stairs also as they are looking shinier since wiping them down daily. I will have items to take down to the basement, and items to bring up. I want to finish the apron and cut out the potholders. I may even get some sewn on them. I hope I can knit today. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment