Sunday, October 29, 2023

A Doll's Dress Is Started

 Our warm spell went out with a bang. Sunshine and a high of 24.8C. It broke the record for that day. This morning it is clear and 6C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 8C today. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday and it helped to ease some of the soreness I was having in my muscles. The flare-up continued for the day. I did not walk due to the warmth. I missed it as it really helps keep things lubricated. I did walk inside the house and on the deck a lot to help ease the pain. 

I spent the morning cleaning the dining room. I purged the server and I have too many pens. They are new and in their wrapper so I put kept them. I do use a lot of pens and pencils. The bottom drawer is empty and where dishes are put has two items in it. I cleaned the server with furniture polish and discovered it was made 2/8/34. No wonder it has an art deco vibe to it. 

I also cleaned a side table I use to have in the living room. I purged a lot of stuff from it. What is left is in either a basket or a tray. The table was also cleaned and polished. Then it was on to the half circle table. I got rid of a container and will replace it with something new. I also cleaned and polished it. 

I was up and down the ladder wiping fly poop off walls and ceiling lights. Floors were swept and then mopped. I did the hall and half of the dining area. I still have the table area to do. The room looks so much better even being half done. 

I made chicken hurry last night and it was delicious. I have 4 to put into the freezer after I make a pot of rice and vegetables. This is it for freezer meals for a while as I have about 3 weeks worth in the freezer. Add some stir fry meals and I could be set for a month. 

Sewing

I laundered some fabric for sewing doll clothes while I was cleaning the dining area. I decided to use a print with a white background for a summer dress. This is for the Gotz dolls. 

The dress takes about .2 meter of fabric. I cut the lining out of white broadcloth as the print showed through when I held them together. After a lot of thought I cut the little yoke from the same fabric and used some lace from the stash to give it a more feminine look. 

When I sewed the backs to the front the back shoulder seam is bigger than the front by a bit. I had to trim away a bit of the back. This is a common problem with this designer. I pressed the seams to the back and pinned the side seams together. Anna chose to model the bodice for me. 

So far the fit is looking good. I stopped at this point as it was time to start dinner. 

On a doll thread we have been talking about a couple of doll patterns. I thought I only had one of the Boho style but it seems as if I have 3. 

The pattern on the right has several items traced so I am going to sew them up for the little girl I have been sewing for.  It will be fun to say I made most of the items in one of the patterns and then start on one of the other ones. As I make them, I will put the patterns into a tub to donate when I am done with them. 

Knitting

I did none last night as it was too warm to knit. 

Thoughts

    I looked at the number of small binders and notebooks I have. I need to decide on how I am going to use them and donate those I won't use. Notebooks, pens, pencils, and erasers are something I tended to buy in late August before school starts. It seemed to fill a need after I retired from teaching. I have been working at stopping that habit the last 2 to 3 years. I need to put the excess in a container I can see so I won't buy any more. 

    I also looked in the sewing room and I still have too much in there. I seem to be sewing less hours now that I am exercising and cleaning. I will go through the patterns, fabrics and trims as I sew and get let go of items over time. I know once the weather turns bad I will be sewing more. I just have to remind myself that I don't need to buy fabric for new projects only what I need to finish projects. 

Today

I have to do yoga and walk. I need to do the balance sheet, a bit of housework, cook and sew on the doll's dress. I hope to knit tonight. A busy day for me. 

Until the next time.......................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:54 PM

    Regarding your excess school supplies, you could donate them to your local school. Children need replacements for supplies bought at the beginning of the term. I am a retired teacher as you are, I remember getting a new pen with an encouraging note one morning. It lifted my spirits.
    Martha from Louisiana

    ReplyDelete