Thursday, October 05, 2023

A Stupid Sewing Mistake

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds and a bit cooler. The high got to 18.1C. This morning it is cloudy and 14C. We are to have a mix of sun and clouds and a high of 21C. We are under a weather statement for Saturday and Sunday with high winds and rain. It has been in the forecast for a couple of days now. 

Lifestyle

Though I was tired and sore, I did my yoga exercises. There was some cracking in my back area and things started to settle down. I did do less exercises but felt good. I also started to do a few other exercises to help the pain I have in my hip. They did help also. 

When done, I wiped down the living room floor, landing and stairs. 

I cleaned up the kitchen yesterday. The fridge was cleaned out and washed and then given a shine on the outside. I took some vegetables and cut them up and put into a container to cook with. I then worked my way around the kitchen wiping counters, some cupboards, and walls. I cleaned the microwave and the stove top. Both of them and the dishwasher were given a good shine before I scrubbed the sink clean. I took out the recycling and called it a day. I was tired. 

I went shopping mid afternoon and got groceries. It was time to stock up and start making freezer meals. I can now make mini meat loaves and chicken tortellini alfredo. I will put them into the basement freezer to have this fall. I do plan on making more meals so I can have a variety of foods. 

I ate lightly yesterday and my weight is down again. It was, once again, mainly fluid retention. There was a bit of over eating but not a lot. I am hoping to keep moving forward as the pain gets less. 

Last evening Elliott stole my cushion and slept on it all evening. He was one happy cat about that. 

When he sat up later on in the evening he was quite smug about having the pillow. 

I will have to get a cushion form at Ikea and cover it for me. I have definitely lost this one. 

Sewing

I spent some time working on the potholders. When I finished sewing the binding on the first one, the last piece was too short. I do not know how I did that but I did it. I ripped it off. I cut a new piece from the large left piece of boot fabric and started again. That potholder is ready to hand sew down. The last one is ready to have the binding sewn on it. When I left the sewing room, I still didn't know how I had done that mistake. A real first for me. 

I had hoped to finish the potholders yesterday but didn't. It was the only thing I didn't finish on my to-do list. 

Knitting

I looked at the vest but didn't knit. I was tired and wasn't in the mood. I also had the heating pad on my leg and was trying to keep that area relaxed. 

Thoughts

    I am finding yoga to be helping my stiffness. I am focusing on relaxing my right side when I do some of the exercises so I can do them better. I realized how quickly my body tenses up when I do the exercises on the right side and how relaxed it is when I do the left side. 

    The other exercises I am doing are for helping the pain in the groin and to start building muscles so I can walk and join in the exercise group at the hospital. I know I am weak from the soreness in my hip and knee and now need to strengthen my body. 

    I am slowly working on getting the upstairs cleaned and kept clean. Most of the house is clean but I need to keep going over it so it stays clean. Once I have it cleaned, I will set up a weekly routine to keep it clean. The more mobile I get, the easier it is to do. I am now able to do more before I need to have a break which is wonderful. 

Today

I have to work quickly this morning to get some vegetable cut up before I sweep and wash the floor. I am leaving to go with daughter-in-law to Ikea and her osteopathy appointment at 11 am. Once home, I will see if I will sew on the potholders. I hope to knit tonight. My to-do list is smaller but it is written out to be completed. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment