Sunday, October 22, 2023

Half Done The Cardinal Quilt Blocks

Yesterday had rain in the morning and evening. Between times was dry or misty. 2" of rain fell (record broke). The high got to 15.8C. This morning it is raining and 13C. We are to have rain and a high of 14C today.   

Yesterday morning I did my yoga exercises first and then went and cleaned the closet the washer and dryer are in (which I love). I started at the ceiling and ended with the floor. I cleaned off the shelf and put the Christmas wall hangings into my closet to deal with when I can get a tub. Light bulbs were put away where they belong and what is left is a light unit for under the kitchen cupboards.  

The inside and outside of the machines were cleaned and the outside got a shining. The drawers were cleaned out and junk was tossed. Why do I keep measuring cups I will never use again? I put some items into a small container so they don't rattle around and the rest was neatly lined up. I have exactly what I use in one of the drawers. The other one is empty.

The tile floor was wiped as were both sides of the doors. When the doors are shut the hall looks neat and tidy. 

I swept the hall floor and washed it. That area is almost done. I will go back and wipe the baseboards and dust the top of the walls today. 

My spot cleaning was to clean up the litter box area in the spare bedroom, wipe down the counters and sweep the bathroom floor. I ended my morning sweeping the dining area and kitchen floors. I have to say I was tired and a bit sore from climbing up and down my little ladder. Muscles got a work out for sure. I am happy with what I got accomplished. 

I went for a walk (.7 km) in the afternoon which is one power pole further than before. It was a good walk which I walked at a steady pace. When home, I spent some time getting the front porch decorated. I was under the stairs and found what I wanted. And, yes, I still need to clean under there. I filled the flower container with almost 3 jars of sand for weight and it really helps hold the flowers where I want them. 

It was nice to look out the window last night and see the candle flickering. This will stay up until the end of November when I will put out my winter flowers. 

Sewing

I cleaned the chair area in the sewing room yesterday. All the dolls are back on their cubby. I moved the chair and the small table out and started to clean. Dust rolled onto the cleaning cloth. I had to wash the floor twice to get clean (embarrassed). Everything was put into its place and I am happy at the moment with how it looks. I have a small pile to deal with. I also need a basket for my knitting needles. 

I happily sewed 4 more blocks on the quilt. I was able to keep my brain focused on chain piecing. I also checked the length of the red rectangles and had to cut more to the right length. 

It is a great feeling to know I am half done the blocks. 

Knitting

I knit 24 rows last night and have 18 rows left before I cast off under the arms. 

I have not finished the 2nd ball of yarn either so will have yarn left over to knit for the dolls or to make myself a hat. 

Thoughts

    I have been working through my feelings and staying to myself. I have decided that it is the best for now. I will venture out when I want to though I am happy to be home alone at the moment doing what I want to do.  

    The house is basically clean but I am still going through everything so I can purge what I don't need, have hidden from sight, or is trash. It is a good feeling to be back at it with way less pain. I can also work for longer periods of time. I need to work on having less clutter lying about. It is hard but I am training myself to put things where they belong. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet, yoga, tidy up the areas that I have cleaned, do some laundry and grocery shop. I need to finish emptying the car as it gets detailed tomorrow. I want to sew 4 more quilt blocks and knit on the vest. If it isn't raining I may go for a walk. 

Until the next time....................................................   

No comments:

Post a Comment