Monday, October 30, 2023

Doll's Bodice Is Too Big

 Though yesterday was cooler, it was sunny. The high got to 9.2C. This morning it is cloudy and 2C. We are under a weather statement of having snow pellets and rain today and Wednesday. The high today is to be 4C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was busy. I started the morning off doing yoga. I am doing a few more moves to help keep the muscles stretched. I will be checking in Wednesday with physio to see what will be added or taken away as I move forward. 

The balance sheet was done without any issues. Once done, I spent time doing floors, and getting the 4 Chicken Hurry meals finished and into the freezer. I now have 23 meals to eat. Two loads of laundry were done. Before I had lunch, I went up to the shed and brought down 2 chairs and the salt for the driveway. 

I have been also trying to whiten pillow cases for a friend. They arrived quite yellow with age and after 2 long treatments of soaking in dish soap and oxiclean, they were put into the washer to see if the magic worked. I think it did. They are drying on the rack in the bathtub. I enjoyed the challenge. 

I went for my walk and did the 1.4 km loop. I stopped to talk to a lovely gentleman and he knew exactly where I lived (Grumpy's Garage), the wonderful vegetables the Spousal Unit grew and the Spousal Unit working in our yard. The Spousal Unit impressed a lot of people in our area this person told me. I ended my walk feeling mentally happy even if I was cold. 

Sewing

I worked on the doll's dress and it doesn't fit as nicely as I had thought it would. The armholes are too deep which I really don't like. That could be a relatively easy fix. 

The back is the issue. It is way too large for this doll. The center backs cross over about an 1" rather than 1/2". That is easy to fix. Sew a deeper center back seam. 

I will finish the dress as is but I have the pattern pieces upstairs to do some manipulating on it. I will sew up a couple of bodices using shop towels before I decide if I want to go further or stop for now. 

I did get the wall art done and need to get the level downstairs so I can hang it. It turned out quite nice. I need to buy white or blue fabric for the back of the cushion cover so I can make it. I know Elliott will push it on the floor when he wants to sleep on the chair in the sewing room. He does that with the cushions upstairs. 

I have decided to sew a couple of reusable grocery bags as I seem to be missing one. It isn't in the house as I've looked for it. I have fabric set aside for 2 bags I will make to replace the missing one and an extra one for a friend. 

Knitting

I did knit 5 rows on the vest last night. I have everything figured out so I can knit away knowing which rows I need to decrease. Hurrah. 

Thoughts

    I am still working through the notebooks I have. I will put them in a pile and see what I will use and what I will let go. Excess pens go to family as they use more than I do. I keep my pencils as I use them a lot when sewing. This year I bought 2 small notebooks for shopping lists. I also got one that I can add refills to so I can write what I need to do each day. 

    I am happy with how I am decluttering and cleaning the upstairs. The areas that are done are more calming which I like. I am realizing how little excess stuff I need and keeping only what I love is bringing me joy. I hope to take a load to the thrift store early next week. 

    I am mentally preparing myself to start cleaning the basement. Areas have been done but need to wiped down. There are some things to go. And under the stairs needs to be tackled. I need to think of how to do it as I can't work under there for long periods of time as I get very tired squatting. It also makes my knee and hip ache. It may be remove everything from under there and sort it in the family room. 

Today

I have to do yoga this morning and then continue on cleaning the dining area. Laundry needs to be folded and I hope to start packing box #3 to ship to daughter. I hope to finish the dress after I do a bit of altering to the bodice. I want to knit tonight. No walking today due to the weather. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment