Tuesday, October 24, 2023

More Mobility Means More Done

Yesterday turned out to be cloudy with some rain. Less than I had thought it would be 9.25"). The high got to 9.4C. This morning it is clear and 0C. We are to have sunshine and 13C. Though we have a frost this morning, warmer weather is coming.

Lifestyle

I got the car to the detailer and my wonderful daughter-in-law brought me home. I am so grateful for family to help me out and I enjoy helping them out also. When I picked up the car in the afternoon, I was amazed at how clean they got it. It looks brand new. I will use them again and recommend them to others. 

I spent the morning cleaning the 2nd closet in my bedroom. It started out as a storage area and became a place to put things I didn't want to deal with or thought I had wanted for later. I put some items in the trash, some in recycling, a bunch into the thrift shop box, and a few items where they really should go. I found a small tub that was filthy dirty and scrubbed it clean. I put the Christmas bags, tissue paper, and containers in it. I know I can use it all up this year and get new items after Christmas. 

I put a few of the Spousal Unit's clothes in the thrift shop box. They were items we had kept for him to wear if we went somewhere nice. It did not happen. I had hoped one of the ties was the one he wore to our wedding but he got rid of it years ago. I think someone needed it for a special occasion and never returned it. I still have the tie bar he wore at our wedding. 

When I finished up, the closet looked great and I am happy with it. The white fan will be sold in the spring as I didn't used it this year. I am storing it in there as I don't want it in the garage all winter. 

My spot jobs were folding laundry, cleaning the litter box, washing sheets, making the bed, and emptying the dishwasher. Having more mobility means more is getting done each day. 

Sewing

I didn't clean in the sewing room yesterday as I wanted to get the quilt blocks done before I had to pick up the car. It is on the to-do list for today. 

I fought with my brain to chain sew the blocks and had to keep focusing on it. I got them done in 75 minutes which is a record for me. 

It is really nice to have cut all the pieces earlier so I can focus on just sewing the blocks together. When I get the backing and batting, I will spend time cutting them all out so I can focus on the quilt and not the cutting. Trimming happens which is part of the sewing process. 

Knitting

I forged on with the sweater last night and am ready to cast off under the arms. Now comes the part where I will have to decrease for under the arms and the V neck. I will have to really concentrate on that. 

Thoughts

    I finally worked through my "bad" mood. It actually was a period of grieving for the Spousal Unit. It happened right when he'd been gone for 13 months. Though I am adjusting, I still feel the loss. The spell has passed though I am still not going out a lot right now. 

    I got a cancellation call for physio yesterday and couldn't go due to the car. I am hoping for a cancellation on Wednesday. I hurt less in the areas that use to hurt and more in areas that didn't. I am sure it is mainly muscles rebelling from being exercised and used in their proper positions. 

    I am pleased with how much I am getting done each day. The house is starting to feel cleaner and more calming. I am purging the clutter that came in during my period of pain. I am also letting go of things that I am ready to let go of. I am working towards getting back to the clutter stress level I am most relaxed with. I have a ways to go still but the areas I have done are right where I want them to be.

    The lawns got their winter fertilizer yesterday. I will be repeating the program again next year as I am happy with how the lawn looks and how great the company is. I will also hire the mowers again as they did a great job also. I am on the list with another person to have the hedge area and under the deck done. My job will be weed control. 

Today

I have to do yoga today as I have missed a couple of days. My goal for today is to clean out the 2nd closet and start cleaning my bedroom. My spot jobs are mopping floors, wiping the bathroom vanity, and take out the recycling to their bins. I hope to sweep and mop part of the sewing room floor and sew 4 more blocks. I will knit on the vest tonight. If I can fit it in, I will go for a walk. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment