Monday, October 23, 2023

One Long Walk - I Survived It

 Yesterday was damp. We got almost .5" of rain which made the soggy ground even soggier. The high got to 13.8C. This morning it is raining and 7C. Today we are to have showers and a high of 10C. Tonight we could have frost. 

Lifestyle

Yoga was done and I am finding I am becoming more limber as the days go by. Not where I would like to be but better than I was. Things are moving back into place nicely. Hurrah. 

I was over to daughter's and hauled home 2 boxes of litter and some treats for Elliott. A friend gave them to me as her cat is now at family's house and his larder and litter are well stocked. I helped daughter-in-law a bit and came home. I enjoyed my time with her. 

The balance sheet was done without any issues. I was happy about that. I did a quick scan and realize that my food costs are quite high. Grocery costs have really gone up since the pandemic. And will continue to go up some due to fuel prices. 

I did grocery shop and after lunch I stripped a bbq chicken to make chicken pies. I put 7 in the freezer and will have one tonight for dinner. I have 23 meals in the freezer and will make one more batch of freezer meals. I will have to make a few late in November. 

My friend texted me and we went for a walk together. We did 1.7 km which was amazing for me. We went to her place for tea and visited for a bit. I won't be seeing her for a while as she has one of her sisters visiting soon and then she will be at a course for a week. 

I didn't sew yesterday as I was out in the afternoon. I did knit 10 rows on the vest last night. Soon I will be casting off under the arms. 

Today

I am leaving in the next 15 minutes to take the car in for detailing and will pick it up at 4 pm. Daughter-in-law is picking me up and taking me back. I want to clean upstairs this morning and fold laundry. I need to pack up a box to ship to daughter. I hope to sew 4 blocks on the quilt today and knit tonight. I probably won't walk today due to time constraints. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment