Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Playing Binding Chicken - I Won

 Yesterday was warm and somewhat muggy. The sun shone and the high got to 26C (humidex 31C). This morning it is cloudy and 19C. We are to have showers and a high of 22C (humidex 29C). There is no dew this morning so it means wet weather. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned the bathroom and did laundry. The bathroom was its usual state - covered with toilet paper fluff. Once done I did a load of laundry. Then I noticed I had more laundry to do. Elliott was mad at me and peed on the spare bed. Very little got onto the mattress as there was enough blankets and a mattress pad on it to protect it. I did spray a bleach cleaner and baking soda on it though. 

Elliott has these spells once every so often. He gets mad when we would leave him home for several days on end. If there is no ball of yarn to destroy, he pees on a bed. I had been out for most of 3 days in a row and he let me know. I spent a lot of time with him yesterday and he is happy as can be. The last time he did this, it was stress related and after I consoled him, he was fine. 

I was tired yesterday due to the heat and humidity. I have to make sure the dehumidifiers are on to help keep the humidity down in the house while we have this next weather system move through. 

I have been eating quite strict the past 2 days and my glucose readings have been low. Yesterday dinner's reading was 4.3 which also states why I was tired in the afternoon. I ate fruit to help keep it up in the 5's which I didn't succeed at doing. 

I tried to do an exercise yesterday and I had to stop. It created a sharp pain in my knee. That has radiated up into my hip and I am hobbling. I won't be doing that exercise again. 

Sewing

I starched the red dot fabric for the cardinal quilt yesterday. It is ready to press and cut out the remaining 24 rectangles for Elliott's quilt. 

While cuddling Elliott yesterday, I watched a video on sewing on binding. I watched how she did the corners and I knew I had to try it. 

I did sew and got the binding on the 2nd pillow. I was a bit worried about the amount of binding left for the wall hanging. I did a quick check and sewed it on. This is what was left. 

That is not a lot left over. I will press it open and put it into the tub for the guild. 

Once the sewing was done, I gathered my hand sewing items and hand sewed the binding down on the wall hanging. I got it done before dinner. 

My plan is to sew a bit and then hand sew the binding down on the 2 pillows and runner over the next 3-4 days. My next project is the cardinal pillow that will be part of my Christmas decorations. 

Knitting

I finished the dress and sewed on the buttons. All that is left is to steam it and put it on a doll. 

I did a quick look at patterns but I need to figure out what I want to do. I know I need to knit up the yarn I used on the dress and want to try out a new technique for edges. 

Today

I am going to do some more housework, sew, hand sew, and maybe start knitting a project tonight. 

Until the next time...........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment