Sunday, September 03, 2023

Progress On Projects

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 24C (humidex 27C). This morning it is clear and 13C. We are to have another sunny day with a high of 24C (humidex 27C).

Lifestyle

I started off the day working on the dressing for the potato salad. It was completed and in the fridge so the flavours go through the salad for dinner tonight. The filling for the devilled eggs was adjusted and they will be filled this morning. 

Family picked me up at 12:30 pm to take me to watch grandson play soccer. His team was playing against a university team. It was a very intense game with grandson's team winning 1-0. Grandson hurt his ankle and didn't have cold packs or tape to put on it. He watched the game and was water boy.

After the game, we went to an Asian grocery store. We wandered around looking at items. There was a huge variety of foods from Japan and they were more expensive than what the price in Japan. Shipping and import duties do that. Son and grandson got noodles and found a few more things they would like to try. We went for dinner and enjoyed our meal. I treated them last night as they do so much for me. I had a wonderful day as this is probably the last game that I will go to this year unless it is to the school games grandson will play in. 

Sewing

I did sneak into the sewing room to work on the wall hanging. I had my issues with it. The pieces I had to join together was a pain. Though it was one one piece cut into two strips, one of the strips looked like the pattern was going in the wrong direction. I had to make another one to be satisfied with the look. I am running low on that fabric so had to hunt in the scraps for a piece. Once done, I added the borders and am quite happy with it. 

I may trim 1/4" off each side of the blue as it may be a bit too much. But, I do like it. I did dig through the light green fabric for backing but didn't look for batting. It is amazing how little fabric will be left over. I will be giving some pieces that are over 2" wide to the quilt guild. There will be nothing left for another project once I am done. There is still .5 meter of the print to make table toppers. Those will be simple - cut, hem, press. 

Knitting

Though I was tired, I did knit while I watched videos. I finished the body of the dress. Next is the cap sleeves which I probably will finish in one evening. 

The button holes are small so I will be putting tiny buttons on this dress. I am not sure what I will add to it to make an outfit. 

Thoughts

    It is hard to believe that it is September. I have been thinking a lot lately and will continue to think about what next year will look like for me. 

    I know that I want enjoy life so will continue on getting what I need to have as little pain as possible. I find stretching helps but I want to know why I am having the pain I do in my hip and knee. 

    I really wish to be able to pack a bento box, drive somewhere, walk around, and enjoy the scenes here in Nova Scotia. It is on my list when I am more pain free and walking better. 

    Sewing will continue to be a big part of my life next year. I want to enjoy the process not feel like I need to go and sew. As my stash is now smaller and only has what I truly love in it, I hope to sew more from it and then buy what I want when it is gone. I have been buying some fabrics to make quilts this winter when the weather is bad and I don't travel as much. I have enjoyed doing a bit of embroidery and want to do more. 

    I still want to knit as many evenings as possible. I enjoy keeping my hands busy and love to make doll items, socks, and hats. Making daughter's vest has been looking at making larger items including a vest for me and an afghan. On an interesting note, I buy less yarn than I do fabric. 

    Gardening will continue as long as I am able to do it. The vegetables were an experiment this year and I did enjoy it. Flowers were a disappointment due to the weather so I will try again next year. I have budgeted for some landscaping this fall and will budget for more next year. Hopefully it will be done except for maintaining it. 

Today

I have to finish the food for the bbq dinner we are having tonight, pick tomatoes, and do the balance sheet. If time, I will work on the cushion covers before I head over to family's. If time tonight, I will knit. It depends on when I get home. 

Until the next time.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment