Saturday, September 23, 2023

Jean Jackets Are Labour Intensive

Yesterday was sunny and the high was 17.6C. This morning it is clear and 6C. We are to have sun and cloud and a high of 19C. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning up the kitchen. I played with the new knife holder I bought so the knife block is no longer on the counter. That led to cleaning and wiping more drawers and cupboards and I ended up cleaning the pantry. All is clean except for the floor. I was getting sore and needed to rest. I am happy with the kitchen now.

My neighbour was over to borrow the large crow bar and he fixed the level on the washing machine and pushed it back into place. When I looked out later in the afternoon, he and his sons were carrying out their corner bathtub. Renos have begun. 

I was out in the garden and picked the tomatoes, cucumbers and a couple of peppers. I need to grab my weed bucket and start pulling plants. I need to say that gardening season is over. 

When I rested, I sat on the heating pad. My sore spots needed heat yesterday and are slowly getting better. They will ache until I get this mess sorted out but I am coping with that. 

Sewing

I sewed for about 2 hours yesterday afternoon. Cuffs were put on, hand sewn down, and topped stitched. Sleeves were inserted, seam finished, and the side seams sewn and pressed open. Snaps were sewn onto the cuffs. 

This jacket is labour intensive. I still have to put on the waistband and side tabs. Then it will be sewing on buttons and snaps and once that is done, the jacket will be finished. 

There is still a large remnant left and I have no idea what to make from it for the dolls. I will probably put it to one side and think on it. 

I spent about 15 minutes cleaning the book shelf. I got the top cleaned off and wiped down. The top shelf is empty and cleaned. Next up is looking at my books and sorting them once again. When it is empty, I will move it and clean behind it and wash that part of the floor. 

Knitting

I worked on the vest last night and got 16 rows knit. I do like the yarn and how it looks. 

I did look into the sock weight bin and found enough yarn to make 2 pairs of socks. One pair is for daughter and the other pair could be for her or grandson. I really want to buy grandson new yarn. I have enough sock weight weight yarn to knit more items for the dolls this winter. 

Thoughts

     I am starting to think about sewing and knitting for 2024. I am going to be making more things that I want to make and will focus on the stash. I want to play with pattern drafting and if it goes nowhere, I won't be upset. I do want to sew some clothes for me, sew for the dolls, make quilts and sew up more of the stash. I am finding I don't need to buy a lot of fabric and am focused more on what I have. I am not focusing on how much yardage I sew next year. I am going to focus on techniques and precision. 

    I have thought some about knitting for 2024. I do want to continue knitting socks and doll clothes. I have patterns to try for the first time and quite a few patterns to knit again. I would like to knit more people items as I enjoyed knitting daughter a vest and am making mine now. I have lots of yarn to use up and enjoy knitting most nights. I don't buy a lot of yarn as my selection is great for what I knit.

    I am going to start cleaning up the blog. Tabs at the top will disappear as some are redundant. I am thinking hard how many pages I will have showing and how long they will stay active before I remove them. I am also thinking of updating some pages as some of the links are now broken. I have been thinking on this for quite a while now and will slowly do it. 

Today

I am hoping that I can go to one of the quilt shops that is displaying quilts that people made using one pattern. I need to do a few things in the house, sew a bit, pull some plants, and knit tonight. It is a wait and see what gets done kind of day for me. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment