Friday, September 01, 2023

Embroidering A Wall Hanging

 Yesterday was a sunny but cool day. The high got to 18.6C. This morning it was clear and cool - 9C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 20C today.

Lifestyle

I was cold for most of the day but it was nice to have the coolness before it turns warm again. There was no humidex which was nice. 

I was out for a haircut yesterday morning and then paid the land taxes. Later in the day I was out to get the tires torqued and I am happy I did that. One of the tire's lugs was loose. I have to go back next week and have them checked once again. 

I started to clean the living room yesterday. I did part of the room and washed the floor. I also swept most of the house. Things were tidied up and I called it a day. 

It seems as if tomatoes upset the gastro system. Though not bad it was a day of some bloating and pain. I now need to be very careful for the next several days before I try potatoes. I did look up tomatoes and found out that this sensitivity could be related to my sensitivity to latex and allergy to kiwi. I take heed of this and will be eating less tomatoes. 

This set back with tomatoes has my body retaining fluid. I am up 1 lb due to it even though I am eating what I should be. The weight will come off when things settle down again. 

Sewing

I spent a lot of time in the sewing room. As I worked on the cushion covers, I had the embroidery machine stitching out the wall hanging. The cushion covers are now ready to sew together and not a picture was taken of them. They were lying upside down with wet fray check on the knots when I realized that I hadn't photographed them. 

The wall hanging is taking shape. It took a full 2 hours to stitch out. I had a couple of issues with thread and having to wind a bobbin. So I was at it about 2.5 hours. 

I used a heavier stabilizer and what a difference in the stitch out. No pulling at all. The stabilizer I bought years ago is very light weight and I may need to use 3-4 layers of it when stitching out. I want to use it up before I buy more. 

I laid out the fabrics to see how it will look. The print will be narrow (3/4") and the blue will be 2" to 2.25" wide when done. I am using up scraps of fabric for this project which is fun and a challenge. 

My next step is to trim all the threads on the back and cut the fabric 1/2" from the stitch line. Then I can proceed to sewing on the trim. 

Knitting

I did knit on the doll's dress last night. It was difficult as my left hand wanted to cramp up a bit and then Elliott laid on me and my knitting. 

Today

I am going to clean more the living area this morning and then sew this afternoon. I would like to finish the cushion covers for sure and, if luck is on my side, trim the threads on the wall hanging. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment