Thursday, September 07, 2023

Cushion Cover #1 Finished

 Yesterday was damp and humid. The high got to 22.4C (humidex 28C). There was about 1/4" rain fall. This morning it is 18C and cloudy. It is suppose to clear off this afternoon and the high is to be 25C (humidex 32C). 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law was over to visit yesterday morning and she tried to fix the light switch in the dining room. It needs to be replaced. We had a good visit and she left after 9 a.m. 

I did some things before heading out to grocery shop. It had just started to drizzle rain. I got what I needed and headed home. I was feeling tired from the humidity. At home, I put away the groceries. I did go and empty the dehumidifier and turned on both heat pump heads to dehumidify. I felt better by early afternoon when the house was drier and cold. I turned off the basement dehumidifier and put the upstairs one back to a/c. 

When the house was cool, I got up and cleaned up the spare bedroom. I made the bed and cleaned and washed the floor. I then got all the garbage out and took recycling down for pick up this morning. Though not hot, the air was heavy with the humidity when I was outside. Back inside I did a bit of kitchen clean up as I was feeling motivated to clean. 

Sewing

I hand stitched the binding down on the first cushion cover. It took what seemed like forever but I had to keep stopping to cuddle Elliott. I did get it done and I quite like it. 

I do like it and am happy with how it looks in the room. 

I do like having the white blanket on the bed. It makes the room brighter. This room is coming together now. I have had my struggles with it. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night though I did look at patterns on my iPad. I may have to look on Ravelry for a pattern to knit. 

Thoughts

    The humidity has got me once again. I have to work hard to have the house at 50% humidity. Outside humidity has been above 70% most days lately. Once the house gets to 50% and cooled off, I wake up and do things. Otherwise I am tired and have no energy. 

    I have not eaten tomatoes since the end of August and I am feeling much better. As I have had little to no gastro issues, I am going to introduce potatoes back into my diet. I did have potato salad on Sunday without any problems, so I will try again tonight. 

    I have not been focusing as well as I thought I would be. I realized that it is a year since we had our time of trauma and are feeling the pain of it. I also have some guilty thoughts. I am trying to do things each day to help me get through this. Some days I succeed, others I don't. I know it is part of the healing process. 

Today

I am out this morning for osteopathy. I am not sure what I will do afterwards. It depends how tired I am after an hour with a person poking and prodding at me. I would like to hand sew the binding down on cushion cover #2 this afternoon and pattern hunt tonight. If there are exercises to do, I will do them. 

Until the next time.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment