Friday, September 08, 2023

Osteopathy Treatment #1

Yesterday started out foggy and then became sunny. The high got to 25.2C (humidex 31C). This morning it is clear and 16C. Today it is to be sunny with a high of 30C (humidex 37C). 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law joined me when I went to osteopathy. She came in to the room with me. The osteopathist was wonderful. She asked a ton of questions, did a physical assessment, and then started to work on me. It is very different than physiotherapy. She massaged my tissue as she found that a muscle/tendon was hurt. I would tell her where the pain was. She did the traction pull on my "good" leg and there was a decidedly loud crack. She worked on me for a good 45 minutes and then I got up. She checked me again and then told me what she had diagnosed.

When she did the first assessment, my "good" hip was high up and the "bad" hip was turned forward. She was surprised that I could walk at all it was that bad. The "bad" side was taking all the weight, etc. as it is the "good" side that was hurt. Who knew. When the session was done, I was standing better, my leg was straightening more, and I had less pain. I am to do what I normally do every day for 3 weeks and then get assessed again and have another treatment. (Daughter-in-law goes next Thursday for her first treatment.) 

After we were done, we drove into Sackville, had lunch and did some shopping. I was slow moving but walking better. We arrived home before 2 pm and I got a heating pad from daughter-in-law. I came home and it hit me how tired I was. I put on heat for an hour and then went to see my friend. After a short visit we took the dog for a short walk and I came home. 

I used the heat pad again and at 4:45 pm I picked up grandson from school. I had dinner with family. Leek and potato soup and a bun. Delicious and we talked with grandson about school. 

Daughter-in-law announced that grandson made it on the top soccer team at school. Even he didn't know. First game is on the 25th and I will be there cheering. 

I came home early as I was tired, watched a bit of tv, and went to bed early. No sewing or knitting was done. I slept well and woke only once during the night. I am a bit sore this morning which is to be expected. I think it will take 3 more sessions to be healed. 

Today

With it being so hot today, I am going to do housework, hand sew the binding down on the 2nd cushion cover, and find a pattern to knit. I will need to water the garden while I make dinner tonight. It won't be an outside day for sure. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment