Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Getting Prepared For Hurricane Lee

 Yesterday was a bit cooler with sunshine and a high of 22.4C (humidex 29C). It did rain a bit in the late afternoon. This morning it is 19C and it has rained a bit. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and drizzle with a high of 23C (humidex 30). We are under a tropical storm watch. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I headed out to New Minas yesterday morning. I dropped off the paper work at Respiratory Therapy and go back on Tuesday for my new machine. It has been 2 years trying to get a new one. It has been mainly from paperwork not being done or not signed. My machine is almost 7 years old and, though still working well, it is well used.

Next on the list was to get a few groceries and cat treats for Elliott. I found his favourite ones and he eats them when I have my meals. Then on to the craft store where I bought the yarn for my vest. 

We bought burritos for lunch and headed home to eat them. I got home tired and a bit sore. I rested and put heat on my sore spots all afternoon and even had a nap. Not a good idea as it took me a while to fall asleep last night. 

Sewing

I pinned the top pattern pieces on to a scrap of broadcloth and read the pattern instructions. 

Knitting

I did get the yarn for my vest. I went for grey as I can wear it with many different colours. I do plan on making a navy one also. 

I knit the pocket linings for the coat and then cast on the stitches for the coat. I knit until a row after adding the pocket linings. 

I am at the point where the first two patterns go up the front and the rest of the coat is done in plain knitting. 

Thoughts

    With the tropical storm warning showing up, I felt depression setting in. It is a week short of the Spousal Unit passing and Fiona hitting the province hard. It should be over us Saturday as it will make landfall at Yarmouth on Friday afternoon.

    I had to make a plan to get ready for Hurricane Lee. I am about 50% done when we thought Hurricane Franklin would arrive. It should take me two to three hours to be fully prepared. And a trip to get a few things to have on hand to eat as I am sure we will be without power for hours. 

    I am going to have to buy a rechargeable generator for the house. I know which one I want but it is the size I need to look into. 

Today

We begin the put away everything today. The garage will be prepped so I can park the car inside. I have other things to put away in the shed and tomatoes to pick. I know I have a couple of days to get ready. I may or may not sew or knit today. It all depends on what daughter-in-law and I plan for the next few days. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment