Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Jean Jacket Progress

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with it becoming more cloudy as the day progressed. The high got to 20.2C. This morning it is raining and 15C. We are to have rain until this afternoon with a high of 20C (humidex 25C).

Lifestyle

I was busy yesterday morning. I changed my bed and did laundry. I swept both my room and the spare bedroom. From there, I did the bathroom. It had more TP fluff than I like. I scrubbed everything including some walls. I even scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. I was happy to tick that job off my list. 

It was a quiet day for me as I stayed at home. I didn't check the garden but can see that I may have to harvest the tomatoes. The wind was hard on them as it came from the west for part of the storm. Usually the winds come only from the east during tropical storms. I did put heat on my sore spots to ease the pain. It did help. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday afternoon. My first job was to check the seam allowances on the pattern to see if I was correct. They are a full 1/4" in width which is at the 7mm on my machine. I have mentally adjusted for that. 

I sewed the shoulder seams and fake felled them. I serged the side seams and front seams. Next was making the collar which went together nicely for me. It was attached with minimal issues. How to finish it was missing in the instructions but shows in the video. I added a bias piece to hide the seam and am happy with it. 

I was happy with it at this point. Next up was the sleeves and I have the side seams serged on them and the cuffs almost done. 

I need to sew the short end and then attach. She has you sew them on and top stitch. I am doing it so I can hide the seam and then top stitch. I am being fussy. 

I stopped at this point as my brain was tired trying to figure things out. I have to talk to myself every time I start a new part as I am not sure what I am doing or if I want to make changes as I don't like the finish on a particular seam. I am serging and sewing slowly which is fine as I want to have this jacket look as good as possible. 

Knitting

I finished the coat last night and it is okay. 

I won't be knitting this pattern again. I will be giving it to the little girl I make doll clothes for. I will add the dress I knit for an outfit for her. 

I am now ready to tidy up my knitting and start on my vest. 

Today

I am out to get my new CPap machine this morning and to do a bit of shopping. Once home, I hope to sew the cuffs onto the sleeves. I would like to start my vest tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment