Friday, September 29, 2023

Two More Paw Stockings Cut Out

 Yesterday was another overcast but warmer day. The high got to 21.3C. This morning it is very foggy and 6C. Today we are to have sunshine and 20C. We wait and see if we get the sunshine. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was physiotherapy day. I was at the hospital right after lunch and spent a good hour with the physiotherapist. We talked quite a bit about how we need to expand my circle of care. I showed her my improvements which thrilled her. I walked for her and she noticed my gait has improved. Then we talked about programs which I felt I could not do with the pain I have been having. I told her that I liked to wash floors on my hands and knees as it made me feel better pain wise. I was down on the floor doing yoga with her. I now have 4-5 exercises to do starting on Saturday. I have to ask the doctor for X-rays on my hip and knee. I stopped on the way home and made an appointment with my physiotherapist for an assessment on my hip and lower back. 

Once home, I did go for a short walk and then sat with heat on my hip and leg. I alternated walking in the house with sitting. I didn't feel too bad. I am a bit stiff and sore this morning.

One thing I have noticed is that my body is exhausted from the pain I have been having. It rebells until I sit down and do nothing. I have been horrible about eating properly as I don't want to cook. I'm feeling like I'm hitting a higher level of stress about my body's mobility. I am doing better but it's the pain I have been dealing with that is starting to drag me down. 

Sewing

I spent the morning cutting out two more paw shaped stockings. I alternated between cutting and sitting/resting. It was a good 2 hours of standing which I broke into 2 - 1 hour sessions. The two stockings are ready to be sewn. 

There is fabric left over from the stockings which I put away but will make into gift bags. I did put a few scraps into the bin for charity quilts. The fusible fleece was folded up and put away with me muttering about how much I have. I see a couple of cloth grocery bags going onto the sewing list. 

Knitting

I knit 8 rows last night and am now ready to cast off and do the decreases for the armhole. Progress is being made though it was slow last night. 

Thoughts

    I am worried about my hip and back. Though there has been progress, I am worried I have osteoarthritis in the hip. It also could be really bad in the knee which is affecting the hip.  If surgery is required, I will be having to get help from family for weeks on end which isn't on my wish list. 

    I have paused my diet for the moment though I am trying not to pig out. I feel hungry which I know is from the pain and stress I am having. I don't want to cook so am buying food that is easy to heat up or eat cold. I need to spend some time cooking some foods so I can make easy and healthy meals. 

    I am closing in on getting my Christmas shopping done. I have to pick up a few things over the next 3-4 weeks and place a couple of orders and I think I will be done. 

Today

I have to go to New Minas to get some things including a yoga mat. Once home, I will sew on the stockings so I can get them done. I hope to knit tonight. Another busy day for me. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment