Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Starting New Projects

 Once the fog dissipated, the sun did shine for most of yesterday. The wind was cold though. The high got to 18.5C. This morning it is 3C and we had a touch of frost this morning. It is suppose to be sunny and 18C today with a frost warning out for tonight. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning puttering in the house sweeping and washing floors. I did some tidying up to have things looking neat and tidy. I did a small load of laundry and folded 3 loads and got them put away. It was nice to be busy and seeing the house getting tidy once again. 

The company came and mowed the lawns and were they long. The owner is so busy that I may have to hire someone else to do the jobs I want done outside. We are blaming the weather for him being behind. He also got a lot of new contracts for mowing lawns this year. His business is growing and thriving. He will be busy mowing lawns into October as the weather is going to be warmer starting Thursday and will last for 5 or more days.

I was over to see my friend and deliver the label I had made. We took the dog for a walk and I was stiff and sore. I'm ready for my next osteopathy session. 

Sewing

I spent a bit of time before lunch cleaning off the cutting table. I folded fabrics and put away a project that I won't get at for a bit. It's a UFO that needs me to think about how to quilt it. It was nice to have the table clean and ready for new projects. 

After lunch, I set up the embroidery machine and stitched out another label for my friend. It took well over an hour to stitch out but I was busy doing other things. 

I had marked and starting hemming grandson's school pants before lunch and finished them while the embroidery was going. I pressed them and they are ready to be delivered. 

Next up was to make the table topper for the spare bedroom. I cut it to size and serged and hemmed it. Done in no time flat. 

I put the extra fabric on the shelf until I can decide what to make from it for that room. At this time, I am happy with how this room looks. It has such a nice cozy feeling to it. 

The last thing I did was to lay out the fabric for the first pet stocking. I got the pattern ready to pin on when I stopped. I am ready to tackle making 3 of them for daughter's pets. 

I need to buy a piece of fabric to make the third stocking as I am not happy with the fabric I had on hand. I also need a piece of Grinch fabric for a bag. I will get them Friday as I will be sewing the fabric up right away. 

Knitting

I got 16 more rows knit on the vest last night. It is such an easy knit and I am thoroughly enjoying it. 

Thoughts

    I have stalled, once again, cleaning the sewing room. I am struggling with the books and making decisions on what to let go. I have put one book into the donation box and 2 others are hovering near that box. Once I decide on what books to keep, I will be fine and will get that area cleaned up. 

    I am deciding on what I need to buy for pattern making. I have some books already plus I have some Craftsy programs to help me. I have looked at the Lutterloh pattern system which is intriguing. I'm not sure if I would use all the patterns included. I don't wear dresses of which there is a lot. I am looking more at pants, tops, and jackets. The drafting rulers are nice and can be bought separately. 

    I am working on what next year will look like sewing wise. I am slowly wrapping my head around not focusing on sewing up the stash but to enjoy the process of sewing items I want to make. I literally burnt out trying to figure out what to make from the fabric and sewing it up fast so I could get it off the shelf. Letting go of the fabric I did not like has really helped me. I am wanting to sew garments, make some quilts, do some doll outfits, and make items that are quick and easy. I also want to make more items for the house. 

Today

I am going to do a bit of housework and cut out one of the pet stockings this morning. I have to be at the doctor's after lunch. Not sure what I will do after that as I don't know what time I will get out of there. Tonight I will knit on the vest. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment