Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Paw Stockings Started

 Yesterday was a lovely fall day. There was sunshine and wind with a high of 17C. This morning it is clear and 4C. No frost this morning. Today is sunny and 19C. The start of some warmer weather for us. 

Lifestyle

I went to my doctor's appointment in the afternoon and it was in the morning. I was really upset with myself and my phone. Upset with me as I didn't phone the day before to check my time and upset that my phone, once again, changed the time of my appointment. It does this to me on occasion. After beating myself up mentally, I decided I will be taking appointment cards and checking my phone when at home. I go to the doctor on Tuesday which is nice as I don't have to wait several weeks to see him. 

I was over to see family in the afternoon. I took grandson's pant over so that job is done. We set up my Amazon list that will be place during Amazon Days as they have prime and I don't. I came home with a sweater that needs a button sewn on. I will get the thread for it on Friday. 

Sewing

I dug out the fabrics to make the dog's stockings. I have enough fabric to make the cat one in light grey and the 2 dogs in dark grey. There is enough fabric for the lining also. And way too much fusible fleece and contrast fabric. 

I cut out the cat's stocking - outer fabric, lining, contrast, and fleece. I worked on it for a couple of hours. While cutting, I did get sore and tired. Sewing it was easier as I was up and down from the machine. I got the paw pieces on using steam-a-seam.

I zig zag stitched around each piece. Not my best but I got better as time went on. I put fray check around each piece so they wouldn't fray. 

The lining is sewn together and fray check applied to the V's in the paws. It is now ready to trim the curved pieces and press the seams open on the straight edges. The outer part is pinned together ready to sew. The tab is sewn together. The cuff needs a side seam sewn. Nearly ready to sew together. 

I will cut out the other 2 and sew them together at the same time. This is a trial run on what to do and what not to do. I have printed the pattern again as I cut the paw pieces out so I could lay them out accurately. Not a big deal as I may keep this pattern for future stockings. 

Knitting

I got 16 more rows done on the vest. I have 24 rows left to go before I cast off for the under arm. I am enjoying this a lot as I have the pattern memorized and knit without having to refer to the pattern. That will end when I have to shape the armholes and divide for the V neck. 

Thoughts

    I am eating a bit more poorly the past few days so need to fix that by better planning my meals. I am not sure what is causing this but I have been quite sore lately. Maybe the soreness/aches is the cause. I know I am more at peace with everything so it isn't that. I may take a day and do some meal planning. 

    My immunization app is causing me issues. I can get into it and see the Spousal Unit's records but it closes on me when I try to access my records. At the moment I have to go through their website which is a pain. I can get my next covid vaccine on Nov. 13. I am on the list to get the flu shot next month when the doctor has an afternoon clinic for his patients. 

    I don't know why I bought so much fusible fleece and contrast fabric for the stockings when I got it last fall. Why did I think I needed a meter of contrast when the pattern calls for 1/4 meter for each stocking. I think a fat quarter would have been enough.  And why did I buy 3 meters of fleece when I only needed 1.5 meters and maybe only a meter. The main and lining fabrics are from the stash. I can see making a couple of bags with the leftover fabrics to hold gifts. 

    I am hoping that there is an improvement in my hips and knee when I have my treatment today. I know I can stand more evenly on both feet though my right side still hurts when I do it. I want to walk so I can strengthen my hips so I can do more standing. At the moment, I find that I need to have a regime of walking and sitting at regular intervals. 

Today

I am going to sew this morning. I have to leave at 11:15 am for osteopathy and after the appointment I am heading into Sackville to do a bit of shopping. I know I will be using heat tonight while I knit. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment