Monday, September 04, 2023

A Garden Haul

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 24.9C (humidex 29C). This morning it is foggy and 14C. We are to have mix of sunshine and clouds with a high of 25C (humidex 29C).

Lifestyle

I was busy yesterday with finishing up the devilled eggs and cleaning the kitchen. Once I was done that, I did a vegetable haul out of the garden. 

It is good everyone is home as I had lots to give away. All the tomatoes went to family as we needed them for the bbq. They will eat the carrots one night for dinner. And, the cucumbers are spoken for. Hurrah. 

I got the balance sheet done and when I looked at the numbers, I almost died. It was a huge over spend and I needed to know why. When I did a careful look, I had forgot to put in a decimal on one entry and made one entry 10 cents less than it should have been. Mistakes fixed and the balance sheet balanced and I had money to put away. 

The bbq dinner was lovely. The food was great and we had a wonderful visit. My big bbq was used and it works great. I was worried about it but didn't need to. We sat outside, talked, and laughed about everyone's trip to Japan. I got home at 8:30 pm tired and happy. 

I had a bit of a funk yesterday as it was the first Labour Day without the Spousal Unit. It was one holiday he enjoyed -- bbq, fresh vegetables from the garden, and wonderful weather. I got over it quickly as I was out with family and friends. 

I gained 1.1 lb this week. It happened last week when I was feeling ill from eating tomatoes. I did back off my strict eating plan for a few days and will be going back on it starting today. I want to have 50 lbs off when I see the doctor at the end of the month (2.1 lb loss is needed). 

Sewing

I headed down to sew cushion covers together and realized I had 2 light green squares to cross hatch. I got them half done and the backing sewn for the little wall hanging. I ran out of time and my funk wasn't helping me. 

I am looking forward to finishing the project I am on and starting the cardinal cushion cover. Once it is done, I am going to be working from the stash as I have project lined up to make. 

Knitting

None done as I got home late. 

Thoughts

    I have decided that this month I am going to have a day trip to do something I have wanted to do for a long time. I plan on taking the ferry from Dartmouth to down town Halifax and walk to Pier 21 to see the immigration museum. I have wanted to take the ferry for years and the museum was on our to do list prior to the pandemic. The Spousal Unit's grandfather, great aunt, great grandfather and his second wife landed there when they immigrated from England. Daughter-in-law has expressed an interest in joining me for the day out. It is something she is interested in doing also. 

    The jalapeño peppers in the garden were discussed last night. Neighbour says smoked jalapeño poppers and son says salsa. I see 12 plants next year so both can be accomplished. 

    Our weather is to be warmer this week. Friday is forecasted to be 32C. Nights are to be warm also - 17-18C. I think my yard work is going to happen in short spurts when it is coolish. 

Today

I am tired today but I will do a few things that need to be done. I want to sew quite a bit and knit tonight. It is going to be a slow day in which a nap may happen. 

Until the next time.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment