Sunday, July 31, 2022

Quilt Blocks Sewn Together

 Yesterday was a cooler day with a high of 26.3C and a humidex of 30C. It did rain a bit in the morning. This morning it is sunny, 18C and it is suppose to get to 29C with a humidex of 34C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit got himself so wound up after I found his wallet I had to call in family to settle him. He was non responsive to me; if I spoke to him I got one of 4 nasty answers. He then yelled he wanted someone with authority here to deal with me. It took them about an hour to settle him down. He was an emotional wreck.

After family left, he slept until almost noon, ate a good lunch and we talked quietly about the display in the dining room. It took a good hour to get things done the way we liked them and I did turn the wagon around later on. 

While I was hanging the picture, I asked him how he like it and he grunted and fell asleep. I took that as okay. I had done the prep work while family was calming him down. 

While the Spousal Unit was sleeping, I looked up the first choice of long term care homes for location. After we had dinner, we went for a drive and I took him to the location. It is beautiful and we had a slow drive around. He likes it has gardens. We talked about how each person has their own room with a bathroom, how they eat in a big dining room and some of the activities they do. I'll do this drive again later.

As the Spousal Unit was alert and interested, I did the drive through Falmouth going the opposite direction. He was very interested in everything, relaxed (his arm quit hurting) and talked about things he saw. We went over the Sangster Bridge (one lane) and in a field on the other side we saw about 20 Canada geese eating what was left after harvesting. We drove up Windsor Forks road looking at the apple trees and had a short visit with family telling them about the drive. 

The Spousal Unit was a bit restless due to how much he had slept but he finally settled down. We both had a good night's sleep. I was up around 2 a.m. to shut off the a/c and open windows. 

I was tired after the Spousal Unit was settled down. I did rest a couple of times during the day but couldn't sleep. Is it just exhaustion or is my thyroid running low again? If it is my thyroid, I will feel better in a week. If it is exhaustion, I will take a lot longer to recover. 

Sewing

While the Spousal Unit slept in the afternoon, I sewed. I finished the blocks on the quilt. 

I had thought the dark color would have popped a lot more than it did. One of the pinks pops just as much which gives it some balance. 

I am now ready to start cutting out the inner border. It will be cut 3" wide and will be 2.5" wide finished. I need to cut and piece, measure the sides and ends so I can square up the quilt. 

I looked at the room and have decided that I will sort through 2 bags on the cutting table. Most of it goes in the closet which will be next. I also looked at the fabric stash and I really need to focus on it again. The fabric will be sewn but will take longer than anticipated. 

I have pillow forms to deal with. Some are used and I'm not sure how I want to deal with them. One could be a pillow for the chair I sit on while working at the table. I'm still deciding on what to do with the other used ones. Maybe for the Spousal Unit in long term care. I won't make them as hard as I usually do so he can either sit on them or have them behind him in a chair.

Thoughts

As I looked at the fabric in the stash, I am going to start sewing for long term care homes. I will put the snaps on some adult bibs that are hanging up. They can be delivered to one of the homes. I will ask the homes if they need walker bags/caddies and can use up some of the stash making them. Pinterest is a good source for free patterns. I am going to do a prototype for them when I have time.

Today

I have to do some housework, change the bed, and monitor the Spousal Unit. I do hope to cut the inner border for the quilt and start sewing it on. I will get done what I can and the rest waits for another day. 

Until the next time.............................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment