Sunday, July 17, 2022

A Red Cardinal

 Yesterday was another warm day with a high of about 26C with a humidex of 28C. This morning it is 17C and it is suppose to get to 28C with a humidex of 32C. 

Lifestyle

First and foremost, thank you for your comments as they are truly appreciated. 

It was another day of challenging behaviors. It started around 8 a.m. and ended at around 10 p.m. The garden is the trigger. It goes between people taking from it, the plants not producing, him not being allowed to do anything in the garden, and much more. He remembers nothing about us encouraging him to water the garden to him saying no and 10 minutes later yelling at me to water the garden. 

I did water the garden yesterday and I told the Spousal Unit I was thinning the carrots. I said it twice and got him to get me a dish pan to put the thinnings into. He did that and then watched me thin the carrots. The comments were almost funny. I sorted the carrots and got daughter-in-law a bag of baby carrots to eat. 

I ate a couple and they are super sweet. I am sure they would be delicious steamed with dill and a bit of butter. 

While watering the garden, I noticed that we have peas starting to develop. 

I planted cucumber seeds after the Spousal Unit pulled out 3 plants on Friday and one of the seeds is up. We will have late cucumbers. 

We watched the Calgary Stampede which I enjoyed and he sort of enjoyed. After that, the evening went downhill and daughter-in-law came over to help settle the Spousal Unit down. We got him to bed at nearly 10 pm. 

The Spousal Unit got up at 7 a.m. this morning and we've talked about the carrots being thinned and delivered, getting burgers for dinner, daughter-in-law being here to visit, and having a late night. He remembers quite a bit, the good parts and not the bad.  

When I went to Avonport on Friday, I saw a cardinal on the railing at the exit. I don't often see them in the summer and not in the open like that I am hoping it was a sign to give me encouragement to push forward or that something good is going to happen.  

Sewing

Every few spare minutes I had, I starched and pressed the fabric for the quilt. I am learning that when he paces in the basement, press fabric. When he's quiet, press fabric. I am not done but I'm over half done. 

I ordered the pattern for the shoes as the soles are probably in Windsor to be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday. I just need to get the glue and I will be ready to make shoes. I'm going to start with a pair out of quilting cotton. 

Knitting

It sits and waits for me. 

Today

I need to do a load of laundry, fold a load, and prep for the cleaners who come on Tuesday. I hope to press more fabric when I have a few spare minutes. Dinner is planned. I am sure we will have challenging behaviors today as he is tired as am I. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment